Author Topic: Reginald Sheen  (Read 3911 times)

Offline Dannemois

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: Reginald Sheen
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 10 August 13 13:53 BST (UK) »
That is interesting, it is very likely his grandparents applied to have his name put on the Govilon monument; he lived with them from a young age.  I note on the Govilon stone his name is  recorded with initials 'R.C.' whilst on the Brithdir stone its a single initial 'R'.   Could I have the wrong person ??? but there again why would he have enlisted at Brithdir if he was not a resident???
Regards, Roy
anything and everything to do with the village of Brithdir, near New Tredegar in Gwent.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MarMnkly

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Always looking back
    • View Profile
Re: Reginald Sheen
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 10 August 13 22:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Roy
I'm not an expert on electoral registers and the age you were entitled to be listed?
If it is 21, he could be listed at his address (? Brithdir or Brynmawr) if he enlisted in the army after he was 21. I'm sure someone who knows will answer?
I've done this for an address for Merthyr in the local library, but it takes ages as lists are by street.
Still not helping you with 'why Brithdir' memorial  :-\.. maybe there wasn't an enlistment office in Brynmawr?
Surname Interests
Massey, Munkley, Powell, Thompson, Thurkettle

Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk