Author Topic: Birth indexes and seacrhing  (Read 7309 times)

Offline acorngen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Birth indexes and seacrhing
« on: Sunday 11 August 13 23:50 BST (UK) »
I apologise if this has been asked and answered before.

Is it possible to search for birth records for Ontario online that post date those held by the archives ie after 1905

Rob
WYATT, COX, STRATTON, all from south Derbyshire and the STS, LEI border Burns Fellows Gough Wilks from STS in particular Black Country and now heading into SOP

Offline KarenM

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Grandpa Stanley has the hanky in his pocket
    • View Profile
Re: Birth indexes and seacrhing
« Reply #1 on: Monday 12 August 13 02:07 BST (UK) »
Anything after 1913 in Ontario you have to order directly from the Province.  Ancestry has births up to 1913.

www.serviceontario.ca

A new year is added each year to the Archives Collection.

Karen
Gandley (but known as Stanley in Canada)- Ireland to Birmingham<br />Ball, Kempson & Franklin - Birmingham<br />Shorter - Surrey<br />Dyer - Devon<br />Dawkins - Co. Cork, Ireland<br />Heffernan - Ireland
Huck - Alsace, France
Reinhart - Baden, Germany
Bowman & Ellis - England
Etheridge - Gloucestershire

Who all came to Canada in a little row boat, clap clap, clap your hands!!

Offline acorngen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 12 August 13 02:17 BST (UK) »
Which is ok if you know the year they were born but when you  want to do a search for all births to particular parents its not possible by just going through the provinces hence my question

Rob
WYATT, COX, STRATTON, all from south Derbyshire and the STS, LEI border Burns Fellows Gough Wilks from STS in particular Black Country and now heading into SOP

Offline KarenM

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Grandpa Stanley has the hanky in his pocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 12 August 13 02:22 BST (UK) »
Which Province?  Who are you looking for?

Karen
Gandley (but known as Stanley in Canada)- Ireland to Birmingham<br />Ball, Kempson & Franklin - Birmingham<br />Shorter - Surrey<br />Dyer - Devon<br />Dawkins - Co. Cork, Ireland<br />Heffernan - Ireland
Huck - Alsace, France
Reinhart - Baden, Germany
Bowman & Ellis - England
Etheridge - Gloucestershire

Who all came to Canada in a little row boat, clap clap, clap your hands!!

Offline acorngen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 12 August 13 02:31 BST (UK) »
I know Leslie Barwise was born 1910 in York county Toronto.  I know his younger brother died there 1915 and I know his mother died there in 1918.  I know his dad John was back in England by 1923 because he married his late wife's younger sister and had 2 children with her.  I believe by 1962 Leslie is in England has he obtains admin on his dads estate.  I need to a locate any marriage that took place in Canada and then any births to that marriage I would also like to see if there are any more children to the marriage of John Barwise and Margaret Agnes nee Graham.  Leslie was born in 1910 but interestingly I cannot find the family at all on the 1911 census in either Canada or the UK

Rob

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 12 August 13 04:11 BST (UK) »
From the Ontario marriages database at Ancestry:

John Barwise, 22, son of Thomas Higham Barwise and Isabel Braithwaite married Margaret Agnes Graham, 22, daughter of Matthew Graham and Agnes Dennison on 4 Jun 1910 in Toronto.

From the Ontario births database at Ancestry:

Leslie Barwise born 7 Aug 1910 to John Barwise and Margaret Graham in Toronto.

There were no other births listed in the database which, as Karen said, goes to 1913.

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 12 August 13 04:30 BST (UK) »
I believe I have found them on the 1911 Canada census with their surname listed as Bowers. It has John, Margaret and Leslie as lodgers in the household of Frank and Emily Graham. John is said to have emigrated in 1905 and Margaret in 1908. Leslie is listed as being 10 months old with his birth month as August which does match the Barwise birth. Here's a link to the image (starting on line 21):
http://data2.collectionscanada.gc.ca/1911/pdf/e002028319.pdf

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline Zacktyr

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My little paperweight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 12 August 13 04:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Rob,

I think I also have a tiny bit of information for you regarding the younger brother of Leslie.  There is a death certificate issued as number 1329, fol 442, York County, Toronto, for a John Barwise aged 1 year and 4 months.  Parents are John Barwise and Margaret nee Graham.  Date of death was 19 March 1915.  Cause of death sounds very sad:  Primary illness "decomposition" of 6 weeks duration with ultimate death occassioned by "failure of Cardiac centre" of a duration of 3 hours.  This child may be the younger brother to which you refer in your post.

Sincerely,
Susan
CRN-Hocking
DVN-Bickle.Doble.Harris.Hill.Nrthcte
KEN-Austen.Bodeker.Collard.Dodd.Duncan.Eaton.Gregry.Hammnd.Herman.Hills.Hodgs.Ivysn.
James.Kemp.Milstd.Nut.Owlet.Ruck.Spilet.Terry.Tilby.Thmsn.Walker
SOM-Baker.Clatworthy.Linton.Parker.Smith.Stone.Twose
ABD-Barclay.Cruickshank.McKenzie.Shepherd.Club
LKS-Douglas.Gunn.Turner
MLN-Dicks/Dickson.Duff.Lindsay.Young
SHI-Bain.Cluness.Fordyce.Gray.Petrie
ASSISTANCE PROVIDED HERE IS FROM MY OWN DIRECT EXPERIENCE & NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS LEGAL ADVICE

Offline Zacktyr

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My little paperweight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 12 August 13 04:46 BST (UK) »
Forgot to add that the death occurred at the Hospital for Sick Children.

Susan
CRN-Hocking
DVN-Bickle.Doble.Harris.Hill.Nrthcte
KEN-Austen.Bodeker.Collard.Dodd.Duncan.Eaton.Gregry.Hammnd.Herman.Hills.Hodgs.Ivysn.
James.Kemp.Milstd.Nut.Owlet.Ruck.Spilet.Terry.Tilby.Thmsn.Walker
SOM-Baker.Clatworthy.Linton.Parker.Smith.Stone.Twose
ABD-Barclay.Cruickshank.McKenzie.Shepherd.Club
LKS-Douglas.Gunn.Turner
MLN-Dicks/Dickson.Duff.Lindsay.Young
SHI-Bain.Cluness.Fordyce.Gray.Petrie
ASSISTANCE PROVIDED HERE IS FROM MY OWN DIRECT EXPERIENCE & NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS LEGAL ADVICE