Author Topic: Old Schools in Deptford, London  (Read 2060 times)

Offline Relsearcher

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Old Schools in Deptford, London
« on: Tuesday 10 September 13 18:01 BST (UK) »
Hello Everyone! 

Just wondering if anyone out there might have any photos of Clyde Street School and Grove Street School - both in Deptford - before they were bomb damaged in WW2 and subsequently demolished??? 

I have a photo of my father in the late 1920s/early 1930s in his class photo in the playground of Clyde St School but none of the building itself (taken in the playground of the section of the school on the south side of the road - I believe this was originally the Boy's building whilst the Girls's was over the road, but by the time of my father's class photo the classes were obviously mixed). 

I do have some internal classroom shots from Grove St School from those books of old photos of Deptford, but just can't locate any external shots of the 2 schools.

Many thanks!

Nina

Offline Kate42

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Old Schools in Deptford, London
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 14 March 17 03:43 GMT (UK) »
Nina, replying to request of 2013, my mothers family came from Deptford. I have 3 group photos of her and 2 sisters commencing at Clyde St,  with boys and girls, around 40 in each class, doesnt show much of the school. One of the girls won a scholarship however due to the move to Australia she was unable to take it.

Kate

Offline Yodanotme

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Old Schools in Deptford, London
« Reply #2 on: Monday 17 August 20 01:32 BST (UK) »
I too am interested in any photos or information about Grove Street school in Deptford in the early 1900's.  Thank you
Christine