Author Topic: Christopher Lamprey born and married in Dublin  (Read 6780 times)

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Christopher Lamprey born and married in Dublin
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 12 February 15 10:03 GMT (UK) »
The site gives transcripts only
DoB Oct 09 1847
DoBap Oct 24 1847 Monkstown, Co. Dublin
(F) Christopher LAMPREY Cabinet Maker
(M) Ellen (not recorded)
no sponsors given
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline howe02

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 12 February 15 21:27 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou for the info - the occupation of Christopher as a cabinet maker is a clue, sincerely appreciate your time and effort, thanks again ......... Alison

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline howe02

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 01 September 15 23:21 BST (UK) »
Thankyou - amazing bit of information worth exploring - how did you come by this?  Have been investigating links between Richard or Arthur Lamprey but have not been able to confirm any details - still a gap - if only we knew Christopher's parents ......... thanks again ..... Alison

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 02 September 15 07:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Alison
            I was trying to research the burials in Ballyfermot graveyard where i used play as a boy in the 50s
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ballyfermot/4616283497/in/photostream/
http://www.mocavo.co.uk/Journal-of-the-Association-for-the-Preservation-of-the-Memorials-of-the-Dead-in-Ireland-1907-09-Volume-7-2/147118/515
through googling John Fitzpatrick,Parchment Maker i was taken to the above site.
My brother had the list for this graveyard for over 20 yrs with two additional burials that are not listed Hugh Tremble 1862 and his son William 1898 the majority of what i have found so far are from the Kilmainham /Marrowbone area of Dublin.
Sadly this graveyard has now been eradicated and headstones removed or bulldozed ?.
At the bottom of the list you will see'' next page''if you click on this you get a blank page however if you click again you will get further burials in same graveyard and other graveyards,i had a bit of time on my hands so decided to look up further Dublin graveyards when i came across the Bulkelly/Lamprey reference i remembered that there was a Lamprey topic on RootsChat so decided to give you the Link which i knew you would be interested in.

Dathai

Offline howe02

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 03 September 16 23:01 BST (UK) »
Not sure how I missed this last post - must have been distracted and didn't come back
Anyhow sincere thanks albeit very late .......... appreciate your time and effort ........ Alison

Offline chiddicks

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 19 December 16 06:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dathai

Do you still have access to the burial list for ballyfermot cemetery ?

Thanks

Hi Alison
            I was trying to research the burials in Ballyfermot graveyard where i used play as a boy in the 50s
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ballyfermot/4616283497/in/photostream/
http://www.mocavo.co.uk/Journal-of-the-Association-for-the-Preservation-of-the-Memorials-of-the-Dead-in-Ireland-1907-09-Volume-7-2/147118/515
through googling John Fitzpatrick,Parchment Maker i was taken to the above site.
My brother had the list for this graveyard for over 20 yrs with two additional burials that are not listed Hugh Tremble 1862 and his son William 1898 the majority of what i have found so far are from the Kilmainham /Marrowbone area of Dublin.
Sadly this graveyard has now been eradicated and headstones removed or bulldozed ?.
At the bottom of the list you will see'' next page''if you click on this you get a blank page however if you click again you will get further burials in same graveyard and other graveyards,i had a bit of time on my hands so decided to look up further Dublin graveyards when i came across the Bulkelly/Lamprey reference i remembered that there was a Lamprey topic on RootsChat so decided to give you the Link which i knew you would be interested in.

Dathai
https://chiddicksfamilytree.com

Searching the names Chiddicks, Keyes, Wootton, Daniels, Lake, Lukes, Day, Barnes

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 19 December 16 12:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Chiddicks
                  sorry i dont have it at the moment there are not many headstones recorded for this graveyard possibly a dozen at the most,my brother has it but he is forever changing his phone number so i have to wait till i get a phone call from him to make contact.
I was able to add a few further to the list with the help of fellow Rootschatter   TaraMc who found a few deaths in newspapers that said burial afterwards to Ballyfermot.

give me the name but goodness knows how long it will be before i get in contact with my brother i usually meet him on the banks of the grand canal while out walking my dogs but the weather is just too cold for him at the moment we are both in our mid 60s.

Dathai

Offline chiddicks

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 19 December 16 12:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dathai thanks for the reply and no problem with how long it takes I fully understand.
Her name is Elizabeth Daniels and she died 29th December 1909 she was living in Sarah Place at the time.

I was over in Dublin last month visiting the places where they lived and burial grounds etc.

I have tried to find Lizzie in
Glasnevin
Mount Jerome
Eskar
Saggart
Bluebell
Clontarf
St Canice's

All without any joy so I'm running out of potential
Burial sites now.

https://chiddicksfamilytree.com

Searching the names Chiddicks, Keyes, Wootton, Daniels, Lake, Lukes, Day, Barnes