Author Topic: Harts - Antrim  (Read 1165 times)

Offline islayhawk

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Harts - Antrim
« on: Wednesday 09 October 13 21:21 BST (UK) »
Seem to be banging my head of a wall. Trying to find all the children born to Patrick Hart and Sarah Hart( nee Clark(e)) married in Drummaul 1834. I know they had  Son called Henry - born 1834 but I have been told there could have been a James and a Thomas - maybe even more. What databases should I be looking at online and what is the best database to interrogate.

Peter Hart

Online Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Harts - Antrim
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 09 October 13 23:51 BST (UK) »
The records you need may not be on-line at all. If the relevant records survive, you may need to go to PRONI in Belfast to see them.

To help you further, what denomination were your family and which church were their children likely to have been baptised in?
Elwyn

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 10 October 13 05:02 BST (UK) »

The Ulster Historical Foundation website (Ancestry.com) index also returns an 1846 baptism for a Sara Jane Hart for parents Patrick Hart and Sara Clark, might be worth a look, the record is pay to view. 

Offline islayhawk

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 10 October 13 21:16 BST (UK) »
This sarah Jane is probably correct as the Name Sarah Jane is the name of a few of my ancestors. If anyone has access to records that could give the names of any other siblings I would be very grateful

Peter Hart

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 10 October 13 21:20 BST (UK) »
You can check the website listed earlier for other children of Patrick Hart & Sara(h) Clark(e) and then purchase credits for any that look likely. Early church records for this period usually give minimal details.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline islayhawk

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 10 October 13 22:08 BST (UK) »
Tried That and the only children  that come up are Henry and Sarah Jane.  My late Great uncle once said that he had an ancestor who worked for a famous Rose grower around antrim Town. There is a James Hart listed in  the 1901/1911 Census who is listed as a Nurserymans Labourer and Stayed at shanes Castle. However I cannot link him to Patrick Hart and Sarah Clark.

peter hart