Author Topic: Robert Smart and Alice Sharp  (Read 2951 times)

Offline 0191alex11

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Robert Smart and Alice Sharp
« on: Thursday 28 November 13 17:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi!
    Can anyone help with the following?

I have a Robert Smart ,baptised on 14 January 1776 at Jarrow, son of a Jared Smart. There is the marriage of a Jared Smart to a Catherine Orange on 13 June 1775 at Jarrow, and also the burial of a Jared Smart at Jarrow on 28 May 1777. This Jared Smart was baptised on 27 December 1750 at Monk Hesleden.

Catherine Smart (Jareds widow) re-married at South Shields on 15 May 1783 James Walker and had two further children.

Robert Smart married Alice Sharp on 24 October 1794 at Hart, Durham (said both of this parish) and had three children what I can trace:

Ann Smart born 20 February, baptised 17 March 1799 Greatham

Mary Smart born 17 April, baptised 19 April 1805 Greatham

Elizabeth Smart born 4 December 1808, baptised 15 January 1809 Heworth

On Ann Smarts baptism it states Robert Smart of Monckton, Jarrow and Alice Sharp of Lanchester.

There is also a possible marriage of a Robert Smart to a Dorothy Bryson on 10 March 1834 at All Saints Newcastle upon Tyne.

On the 1841 and 1851 census Robert and Dorothy are living at Gateshead, and both possibly died in 1856 at Gateshead.

If anyone can help with the burial or death of Alice Smart (nee Sharp) born 1775 at Lanchester or any information on her daughters I would be most grateful.

There is a marriage of a Mary Smart to Simpson Walker on 24 November 1821 at Cockfield Durham but not sure if this is definitely the daughter of Robert and Alice?

Thanks, Andrew :)

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Victor is very ill, this account will close soon.
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Smart and Alice Sharp
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 28 November 13 17:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Andrew,
Source: Northumberland & Durham Family History Society.
An Alice SMART was buried at St Mary, Whickham, Co Durham, 13th March 1826, aged 51.
Source: Cleveland Family History Society.
An Alice SMART was buried at Holy Trinity, Darlington, Co Durham, 14th July 1852, aged 78.
Victor
HARVEY, Guiting Power, Glos                     
PORTER, Gunmakers of Whitechapel
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway

Offline 0191alex11

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Smart and Alice Sharp
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 28 November 13 18:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi!
   Many thanks for that! I think the Alice Smart buried at Whickham is the one. Many thanks for that!
Cheers, Andrew :)