Author Topic: (www) or Where Went the Wilsons (of Chirton )  (Read 32439 times)

Offline John1935

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: (www) or Where Went the Wilsons (of Chirton )
« Reply #117 on: Saturday 18 July 15 14:05 BST (UK) »
Uhm bouncing around a bit - but while looking for something else - came across the '11' for Mary Wilson ( nee Emmerson ) widow of L.T.T.E.W.'s Eldest son Joseph b.1843, then living in 2 rooms at
11 Willington High Row Wallsend on tyne.
Living with mum are her eldest boy- Robert Emmerson Wilson -41yrs & Single, working as a Miner - Shifter Underground in Wallsend & Hebburn Coal.
And her fifth child Thomas Hunter - 28 yrs old, also single, working as a Platelayer in colliery at Seaton Barn coal.

Think Mum must have died by 1913, when it appears that Thomas .H married Agnes.A.Fowler ,
and /or by 1919, when it seems Robert.E. married ? Elliot in 3rd Q - have been unable to check on either so far.

Now back to where I was if I can remember!!

Best

John
Goodsir.  Ellington. Tillman.  Wilson. AngAs. Capstaff (Northumberland & Durham)
Macaire. Eusebe. Boitel. Beaulieu. Gordon. Tillman. Fear. Wood.
 ( London/ Middlesex & Devon )

Offline John1935

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: Saturday 18 July 15 17:05 BST (UK) »
What I had failed to note was that Mary (Emmerson) Wilson had put that she had had 10 Children and Lost 4, but which ones?

Well by that date, we know that - Robert Emmerson W & Thomas Hunter are around, and just found William b. 1872, who married Frances in 1892, and on the 1901 was living opposite his Parents, now still with Frances and the four children, is living at 16 Davis Street Wallsend, He is now employed as a Wiresman in an Electric power station- Mary Ellen now 18 and single- young Joseph 16yrs old is working in the shipyard as a Heater, his brother William of just 14 yrs is a Catcher ( Rivets )- IF I read that right then Joseph heats them and William catches them and passes to the riveter - happy to be corrected if I am wrong -as not an easy job! Not forgetting young Sarah age 12.

So found three-now Frederick b. 1889, might be him who dies in 1907, so leaving me with Sarah.E b.1874 - Joseph b. 1876 and John b. 1880 --- Now if Sarah 's second name was Elizabeth, and she liked that name - then might have found Her and John.

Bit more to check and will return

Best

John

Goodsir.  Ellington. Tillman.  Wilson. AngAs. Capstaff (Northumberland & Durham)

Offline John1935

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: Saturday 18 July 15 17:49 BST (UK) »
Not the John I thought ! However between family Search and FindMyPast have got him !
Married to Jeannie Harrison on the 6th August 1907, in Long Benton, Henry her father a Coal Hewer, was there as was John's father Joseph.
By 1911 John and Jeanie  were living with his father in law with their three year old daughter
Mabel Isabel in a four roomed house - 20 Diamond Street Wallsend and John was employed in a motor garage as a fitter.

Think that is my lot for today - not bad since it wasn't what I was looking for !

Best

John

Offline John1935

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: Monday 20 July 15 09:03 BST (UK) »
Thinks might now have found a marriage for Joseph b . 1876. Fuzzy logic being that since he did not appear on the 1901 with the family, and at that time would be 24yrs old, so must be dead or married?
Not wishing him ill I went for marriage - this one from F.S. seems possible :

Long Benton 31st December 1898 -Joseph Wilson age 21 to Margaret Dixon age 19yrs

Father's name :Joseph Wilson  -  Spouse's Father's name Richard Dixon.

Seems okay but, but, but, I cannot find a census for them in 1901 or 1911 ?

Help ! am missing something somewhere, must be this continuous Heat

Best

John

Offline John1935

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: Monday 20 July 15 15:30 BST (UK) »
Flashback to page 13.

Attached should be a photo of William George Heather b. 1891, who in 1913, married our Jemima Wilson.

Could this be your Great Grandfather, worth a look in old photos ?

It was taken in 1918.

Best

John

Offline John1935

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: Tuesday 11 August 15 18:00 BST (UK) »
If you are about Stan,

On your Maps of 1910 ish Wallsend - Davis Street and Diamond Street, are they , or were they quite close, as I have John Wilson at one and brother William at other.

William was an Electric Wiresman in a Power station and his sons both worked in a shipyard ( living there any informed guess which one ?
John was a Fitter in a Motor garage, won't ask which one - though at that time maybe not a lot ?

Best

John

Offline John1935

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: Monday 31 August 15 19:04 BST (UK) »
Uhm, does seem I spend too much time talking to myself on here, so showing am getting past it - so FINAL CALL for Our missing WILSONS OF Chirton and other parts on the Tyne.

Of L.T.T.E.W's Children, there still exist two missing after 1901 :

1. Thomasin ( b. 1847 at Spittal) and her husband John Miller b. 1844 a Mariner.

2. Henry George ( b.18thJan 1852 at Berwick (Iron Moulder) and wife Fannie .B. b. 1851 S.Shields.

Of her Grandchildren, still unaccountable  after 1901 are :

Sarah. E ( Elizabeth ?)  b.1874 20th may in Wallsend, daughter of L.T.T.E.W's first son Joseph and Mary Emmerson.

Emily b. 1867, daughter of the Thomasin and John Miller mentioned above.

Thomas b. Jan 1891 -so only 10 yrs old on the 1901 and at school son  of Thomas and Eleanor.

Lastly and really an extra would be any marriage for James, after 1911. He was a 'Rigger' at the Walker shipyard, his birthdate was 1887 and at Chirton or Tynemouth.

All contributions gratefully received

Best

John

Offline Westoe

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: Thursday 03 September 15 01:02 BST (UK) »
Hello John,

Found this thumbnail at British Newspaper Archive, but I don't have any credits left there to see and copy the actual reference.
N.B. He is Millar with an "a", not an "e", wheras Thomasin is given as Miller with an "e". But it is the right address.

Shields Daily Gazette 
Shields Daily Gazette Tyne and Wear, England
1 Oct 1894
;<M)I> SERVANTS mini everywhere. The bf't helper ewr* •;; so*r* powd«.r-, ,*>e,tl.e House Cleaning, j, r , w ,n and

daughter the late Wm. Smith, Tyne Dock. DEATHS. At Bergen on the 27th ult.. John Millar, the dearly beloved husband of Thomasin Miller, 70 Saville Street, South Shields. THE WEST END UNDERTAKING ESTABLISHMENT. FUNERALS COMPLETELY FURNISHED. The Trade supplied

"Deaths at Sea" might give you the name of his ship.

From another website:
http://www.nikoko.co.uk/Diaries/aik.htm
I quote:
"My grandfather was born at 70 Saville Street, South Shields (demolished in the 1960's and now occupied by the Public Library)." So ... you have already visited the site (smile).

Cheers,
Westoe

P.S. Sent you a PM on the W/E.

Offline John1935

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: Thursday 03 September 15 09:28 BST (UK) »
Hello and grateful thanks Westoe

And look out LMA ( when I CAN GET OVER ) seems we have more sea tales to tell, might also apply to L.T.T.E.W's Joseph Wilson ( though thinks he might have been in Fishing).
Maybe if I can find Thomasine's eldest Daughter, on the '11' that might be where she went?

P.S. Sent you a PM on the W/E - didn't get it think boiler on my computer not making enough steam!

Best

John