Author Topic: Forsyths at Forres  (Read 6453 times)

Offline Craigellachie2019

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Forsyths at Forres
« Reply #9 on: Monday 30 November 15 04:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi all - I would be grateful for anyone who may have a Janet Forsyth in their tree.  I believe she was born in approx. 1825 - possibly Glasgow, Lanarkshire.  She married Peter Salmond in Cadder in 1842.  She died aged 36 on 31 July 1861.  Unfortunately all that is written for her parents is "..Forsyth" on her death certificate.  As you can imagine, there are a lot of possibilities for parents.  I believe I have her in the 1841 census as 15 years old living with a family of Forsyths as a 'servant'.  Peter Salmon "servant' 15 is also living with the family.  I have put 2 + 2 together to think this is my couple and how they met but am unsure its them and have no idea how to find Janet's parents.  The Forsyths in the house she is living are James, 60, Martha 35, Margaret, 30, James 5 and William 3 (1841 census). 
Anne
Scotland: Stewart, Smith, Edward, Barron, Macdonald, Sinclair, Millar/Miller, Ross, Salmon(d), Cuthel, Cuthill, Macalister, McAlaster, McAllister, Forsyth, Haddow, Todd, Aitken, Gartshore, Mackie, Strang
England: Lucas, Parkinson, Nicholls
Ireland: Keys, McAuliffe, Achilles, Fenner/Fannin, Halpin
Germany: Achilles, Bartels, Barthold, Pralow, Schreiber, Kloth, Cords