Author Topic: Mary Kemlo Cruickshank Gorrod (Hay connection)  (Read 12114 times)

Offline BrisbaneHay

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Kemlo Cruickshank Gorrod (Hay connection)
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 15 August 15 01:20 BST (UK) »
Hi
I assume you are a Corkran. The use of previous generation Hay names in your family is interesting.
I also must assume that Elizabeth and Alexander had contact with each other as they were located quite close together (Alexander in Clunes, Vic). I do have a family tree on MyHeritage that may be of interest to you.
Gary
Hay, Aberdeen, Peterhead, Longside

Offline bcorky

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 15 August 15 07:52 BST (UK) »
It could be even more complicated: Cousins married ?
Two death notices:

CORKRAN.—On the 16th July. 1919, at 329 Victoria street (corner of Nicholson street), Abbots- ford, Jane, the dearly beloved wife of James Corkran (returned A.I.F.), loving and devoted mother of Pearl and Alec, and daughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. Hay (formerly of Clunes and Ballarat), aged 36 years.

CORKRAN.—On the 16th, July, at her residence,
Abbotsford, Jane, dearly loved sister of Mrs. Buddle, South Yarra; Mrs. Tozer, Yarraville; Mrs. Swinbourne, Clunes; George Hay, Colac; Mrs. Williams, Toorak; Alex, Hay, Mosman; Mrs. Davey, Nhill, aged 36 years.
Deeply regretted

Charles James/ James Charles Corkran is the son of Elizabeth Ross and Charles Corkran

Bryan

Offline BrisbaneHay

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 16 August 15 07:49 BST (UK) »
Bryan
Thanks for information- will need to look at my records tomorrow. Seem to remember that family records had Corkran and Cockran as families- maybe to hide the cousin relationship. Very interesting. Will talk to my Dad (89 yr old) tonight.

Offline BrisbaneHay

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 17 August 15 01:08 BST (UK) »
(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Bryan
Talked to my father last night and this was news to him. Please tell me more as we are very interested.
Family records show Jane Hay married a "Cochrane", maybe as an attempt to hide the connection. Obviously, the two related families had "contact".
Regards
Gary Hay (born Colac, Vic)