Author Topic: George Shearing b1859 Thetford.  (Read 633 times)

Offline Conyerboy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
George Shearing b1859 Thetford.
« on: Tuesday 14 January 14 10:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
   Looking for the date and place of the death for George,he married Martha Ann Hill b1863 Fakenham,in the 1891 census they lived at Oakleigh Rd,Friern Barnet,Middlesex,
 In 1895 they had a son George and in or about 1899 she married John Furnell,at this moment in time i can not find any record for the death of George.
 If you are able to help i shall be most grateful as it is not for me but for a very good friend. 

Regards Conyerboy

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
Re: George Shearing b1859 Thetford.
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 14 January 14 15:12 GMT (UK) »
Has your friend got the 2nd marriage certificate ? if so is her status down as a widow ?

Also the birth certifcate of George in 1895 would help to narrow down where they might have been living as she remarried just 4 years later .

I havent found an obvious  death yet  but I see his occupation is a Bricklayers Labourer, so its possible he may have gone away to work and died there, not at his home address/area
this information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   London Hall, Thurston Stanley, Phillips, Ayrton, White, Morrish, Smith.    West Ham/Barking Saint,Briggs,   Essex  Barker,   Hampshire  Kill, Kent Spong,   U.S.A Earp, Scotland/Cumbria Templeton, Devon Morrish, Chudley

Offline Conyerboy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 14 January 14 18:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
   many thanks for all trouble you gone to.
 I have found their son George was born 1895 in Burham Woodcestrie Hertfordshire,it seems that every time the moved they had another child i hope this .

Regards Conyeboy

Offline The Yokel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 14 January 14 20:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi

FreeBMD has a George Shearing born Mar 1895 Fulham 1a 198
and Martha Ann Shearing and John Furnell marring Dec 1899 West Ham 4a 138

regards
yokel

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 15 January 14 13:55 GMT (UK) »
This is a toughie,

Taking  it back to see if George may have had a second name that his death may have been registered under found him and Martha Ann in 1881 living in the household of Wm Smith, wife Martha Ann so I assume that these are his parents in law. :-\

There is a public member tree on ancestry which has some information, from that I think the birth registration of George is this one  June q 1859 Thetford, Norfolk 4b - 422 checking the original image no other christian name is given . :(
this information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   London Hall, Thurston Stanley, Phillips, Ayrton, White, Morrish, Smith.    West Ham/Barking Saint,Briggs,   Essex  Barker,   Hampshire  Kill, Kent Spong,   U.S.A Earp, Scotland/Cumbria Templeton, Devon Morrish, Chudley

Offline candrjm

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My Nanny and Grandad married in 1921
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 16 January 14 12:58 GMT (UK) »
Have you seen this one? A possibility perhaps! the age at death fits and if he was working away from home at the time of his death his name may have been mistranscribed.

Death
June Q 1896
Dartford 2a 274
George Searing
aged 37

link to parish burial record: (bottom of the righthand page)

http://cityark.medway.gov.uk/query/results/?Mode=ShowImg&Img=/cityark/Scans/Ecclesiastical_Rochester_Archdeaconry_Area_Parishes/P110_DARTFORD_HOLY_TRINITY_1363_1988/01_Inital_Deposit_1363_1946/01_Incumbent_Service_of_the_Church_Registers_1561_1946/P110_01_14.html/00000078.jpg

Chris

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 16 January 14 13:22 GMT (UK) »
I had already informed Conyerboy of this possible one in reply to his pm to me  so you would not have known .

I also mentioned that if he had died away from home and family, his name may have been entered wrongly, I have personal experience of the same situation in my FH