Author Topic: 1861 Census - Ontario - Completed When, Please?  (Read 4086 times)

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: 1861 Census - Ontario - Completed When, Please?
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 13 February 14 17:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lilybell:

I've been researching for many years but until a couple of months ago I've not had access to some Canadian records (I now temporarily have a worldwide subscription).   ;)  While I've seen some census returns during the years, the site you referenced explains a lot!  I am going out in a couple of minutes, but I quickly looked at the site and it is wonderful!  I can't wait to read the all of the information.

One of the age differences between the families in 1851 and 1861 is "Sarah" is age 4 in 1851/52 yet she is 9 in 1861.  However, now it appears that she could have actually been 3 in 1851/52 and could have turned 10 in 1861.  That helps narrow the gap.

Thank you both very much again.  For various reasons, this family is now one of my favourite families.  With the help of RootsChatters, we may have found a distant relative, as her mother was a daughter in the first family.  Until a few years ago, I thought my ancestor was the only child in the family, not one of possibly 9 to 11 children!
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)