Author Topic: SONDHEIM SHERGOLD & TAVENER  (Read 2330 times)

Offline fastfusion

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
SONDHEIM SHERGOLD & TAVENER
« on: Thursday 20 February 14 01:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi there, 

I need a little help please.....

Firstly I need to someway (Without getting the cert), find out more about
William James Shergold who married Caroline Mary Tavener in Sept q of 1904 at Hampstead [1a1533],   namely their ages and places of birth........

Secondly I need some confirmation as to whether cert ref 1b222 Islington for Jun q 1861 is discounted for Caroline Mary Tavener and the one in play is Marylebone 1a618 Jun 1877 to match death cert Shergold Caroline M age 75 Surrey SE 5g897 for Dec 1952.

Also I need the occ of William James a I am trying to confirm a rector that visited Brooklyn NY .....

I would also like to know a little bit on the structure of Taveners immediate family possibly going back to her grandfather ,   and if in census I can work the certs for marriages bmds etc.....

The next issue regarding this is Pauline Shergold, who is William and Carolines daughter.

She would IF ALIVE be 96 but I doubt very much she is , given the information I have,.....

Her story is a little difficult.......    She was born in 1918 registered at Croydon. She married into the Sondheim family,  but there are no references to children being born in the UK...... It is my belief that she went to Sud Africa, possibly around Cape Town or J'Burg, and had a son or her hubbies sibs had a son...  Walter Sondheim......    Now Walter joined the Sth African Airforce  and was tragically killed in my home village of Yatesbury while he was commissioned there.

I may not have all the facts completely correct....  So I am searching in vain to the fate of Pauline Sondheim nee Shergold...    Thank you folks for any assistance on any of this post.
If any info you think is case sensitive please send me a personal message..........
thanks folks
fastfusion
 :)

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: SONDHEIM SHERGOLD & TAVENER
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 20 February 14 08:24 GMT (UK) »

Firstly I need to someway (Without getting the cert), find out more about
William James Shergold who married Caroline Mary Tavener in Sept q of 1904 at Hampstead [1a1533],   namely their ages and places of birth........

Have you found them on 1911?
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 20 February 14 08:27 GMT (UK) »
A tree on Ancestry has William James Shergold born 22nd April 1879 in Newport, Monmouthshire.
Died 1959, Surrey.

And Caroline Mary Tavener born 5th June 1877 in St John's Wood, London. Died 1952.

William James was a Congregational Minister?
(All information from the tree online)

You can find the couple (& daughter) on the 1911 census in Littleham, Devon.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 20 February 14 08:32 GMT (UK) »
Have sent pm
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline fastfusion

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 20 February 14 11:15 GMT (UK) »
hey guys and gals

thanks for the replies.........   good to see I was on the mark...not like a sea captain earlier :)

I don't actually use the trees on anc if I can help it...........   cos I start at freebmduk , and whatever my family mentions in the stories they tell me in the emails..   but I will have a look this time to see if there is anything to add........    the Sondheim family are a real worry for me, as they are found in many different countries in fragments that are obscure...I am sure some were born at sea in paper mache boats......

:)

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 20 February 14 11:29 GMT (UK) »
I don't rely on trees on Ancestry (because so many of them are rubbish!), but occasionally you find a well-documented tree, with actual dates (rather than quarters), and family down to living people.

This was such a tree - and I am sure the clues will lead you to the correct BMD details!

Have fun! ;D
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline fastfusion

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 14 December 17 00:30 GMT (UK) »
just reviewing this post..............     dont know if anyone has done any research of connections of the Sondheims of New York to the tie in on my line.......   I finally happened upon one of Sondheims' musical scores tother day.....

Something in this story had something to do with TRinity Cathedral.........maybe my pastor Shergold with his evangilists sermons and the London end of why one Sondheim set a factory in London??????

But what is the connection to the Sondheim buried in Yatesbury.......  as much as we know that my ancestors would have been off the Yatesbury manor farm for the MOD airfield.... (some 12 years later) unless it was something I missed with Abel Shergall of Cherhill the postie and he was related to the Sondheim and Tavener tale.......??? still lots of questions of connections..