Author Topic: HARROLD, BEDS lookup WOODINS (or WOODIN/WOODENS/WOOTTEN/WOODING?) please  (Read 8358 times)

Offline johnP-bedford

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: HARROLD, BEDS lookup WOODINS (or WOODIN/WOODENS/WOOTTEN/WOODING?) please
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 13 March 14 14:32 GMT (UK) »
Regarding Ann Woodin marrying Turvey 1749, I think she must be one of the Turvey Woodins (as opposed to the Harrold/ Sharnbrook/ Carlton ones)  they seem to be some cousins as they go right back to the 1670s in Turvey and continue in quite large numbers...

I disagree Lesley; I would say she is the Ann Woodin, daughter of William & Ann Woodin baptised at Harrold on 6 Jan 1729/30. After the marriage in 1749 William & Ann Hulat/Hulett/Hewlett baptised children at Turvey - William 15/7/1753, Ann 17/11/1754, Judith 29/5/1757 & Elizabeth 30/4/1759.

William Hulat, publican was buried Turvey on 11 Apr 1759 and Elizabeth daughter of Ann Hulat widow was buried on 8 Jan 1762.  Then Ann Hulett, widow married James Clark, widower of Emberton on 20 Apr 1764. 

I suspect that daughter Judith Hewlet married John Wooding at Harrold on 6 Nov 1780. On 5 Nov 1786 there is a baptism of William son of John & the late Judith Wooding, junior aged 5 years. Judith wife of John Wooding, junior was buried at Turvey on 10 Jul 1783. As this John Wooding is junior, then he's the son of John Wooding, senior & beadsman who's buried at Turvey on 12 Nov 1799, while John Wooding shoemaker & beadsman is buried 20 Aug 1809.

I also suspect daughter Ann Hulet married William Wooding at Harrold on 4 Oct 1785
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Partridge - North Beds; Northants & Peterborough
Bishop - Bedford; Hunts, Hemingford Grey
Allen - Hunts, Hemingford Abbotts
Clement - Croydon
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline L-Genealogy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: HARROLD, BEDS lookup WOODINS (or WOODIN/WOODENS/WOOTTEN/WOODING?) please
« Reply #19 on: Monday 17 March 14 08:45 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that John. I will have to take another look and see if I come up with the same conclusion with Ann.

I have been sorting out the Whittals, and worked out where they join up further up. Not sure if they are part of your tree or whether you have that info already but let me know if you are interested :)