Author Topic: Apostille Seal on Birth Certificate  (Read 473 times)

Offline anniedwyer84

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Irish Nutter on the Hunt for Rellies :-)
    • View Profile
Apostille Seal on Birth Certificate
« on: Sunday 16 March 14 19:53 GMT (UK) »
Hello. I'm trying to find out something for a friend of mine who is due to get married next May here in Ireland. He was born in England, and needs his birth cert. Apparently, he's said that its about £40 to get a birth cert with this seal on it. What I'm wondering is can you order the £9.25 cert from GRO with the Apostille seal on it?

Cheers,
Annie
The surnames, which I am interested in are; Maternal side: Ryan, Kevin, Grant, Grady, Gleeson, Walsh, Dwyer, Paternal side: O' Dwyer, Woodlock, Rochford & Britton - all in Tipperary; and Kelly and Hoynes in Laois.

Ryan, Campbell, Luttrell, Grant, Grahame, Bainbridge and Brown in Queensland, Australia

Tighe in Victoria, Australia.

Grant in Philadelphia, Sullivan and Penny in New York; and Britton in Connecticut

Offline SmallTownGirl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Apostille Seal on Birth Certificate
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 16 March 14 20:11 GMT (UK) »
A birth certificate is not proof of identity, so I think the direct answer to your question is no.

Does this link help?

https://www.gov.uk/get-document-legalised

STG
Always looking for GOODWINS in Berkshire :)

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 16 March 14 20:12 GMT (UK) »

This might help?

http://www.rootschat.com/links/0yhp/

Romilly.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline anniedwyer84

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Irish Nutter on the Hunt for Rellies :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 16 March 14 20:15 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Romilly and STG - I think he's just going to go and pay around £45 to get it legalized....things you have to do to get married, lol
The surnames, which I am interested in are; Maternal side: Ryan, Kevin, Grant, Grady, Gleeson, Walsh, Dwyer, Paternal side: O' Dwyer, Woodlock, Rochford & Britton - all in Tipperary; and Kelly and Hoynes in Laois.

Ryan, Campbell, Luttrell, Grant, Grahame, Bainbridge and Brown in Queensland, Australia

Tighe in Victoria, Australia.

Grant in Philadelphia, Sullivan and Penny in New York; and Britton in Connecticut