Author Topic: Two babies with same Christian names.  (Read 8449 times)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: Two babies with same Christian names.
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 17 May 14 09:35 BST (UK) »
Viktoria, not sure if this has been mentioned in any of the posts. The two birth entries for Giatano in 1910 and 1911, have you seen both of them? Is there anything written on the left hand side margin of either of the entries? This would normally refer to an entry in the Register of Corrected Entries (RCEs).

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Two babies with same Christian names.
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 17 May 14 20:24 BST (UK) »
 Thankyou Monica,no, there is nothing.
 It is strange but the examiner has not signed the later baby, Gloria`s Birth cert even though again Domenica only put a cross as with baby Giatano number one where the examiner did sign , in the last column.
However the Assistant Registrar did sign underneath the crosses Domenica made  on both Giatano No1 and Gloria`s Birth Certs but the examiner signed only in the last column on Giatano no 1`s Cert.
 There is no sense to it all. I wonder if G no 1 was born on the boat from Italy? I`ll have to ask my friend.
 Or perhaps even in Italy and the home adddress at the time of registration was given  mistakenly as place of birth, due to Domenica`s poor command of English.  I don`t know when the little family arrived in Engand.
Again many thanks everyone. Viktoria.