Author Topic: Thomas Keogh and Bridget Brophy  (Read 1131 times)

Offline terryt

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thomas Keogh and Bridget Brophy
« on: Wednesday 18 June 14 05:29 BST (UK) »
Hello I am looking for any information or descendants of Thomas Keogh and Bridget Brophy from Paulstown, Kilkenny, Ireland. Their known children were Patrick Arthur born about 1843, Bridget 1857, Elizabeth 1860 and Ellem 1865. All four emigrated to Australia. Patrick went to Heathcote in Victoria while the girls to Brisbane Queensland. Bridget in 1880, Elizabeth in 1881 and Ellen in 1884.

Thomson (Scot)
Porter (Scot)
Sutherland (Scot)
Weir (Scot)
Bowdler (England)
Bradley(England)
O'Callaghan (Ireland)

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Keogh and Bridget Brophy
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 18 June 14 06:01 BST (UK) »
A search of the RootsIreland website index brings back a church marriage in County Kilkenny in 1847 for Thomas Kehoe and Bridget Brophy, the given parish was St. John's RC parish.

For those input names, there are also baptisms for an Eliza Kehoe in 1857 and an Ellen Kehoe in 1859, the given parish for these records was Paulstown RC parish.

Despite the date differences, these might be your folk. Record content is pay to view, though precious little additional information is the norm for church records of this era.

Offline terryt

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Keogh and Bridget Brophy
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 18 June 14 06:54 BST (UK) »
Thanks gaffy.
I think you are correct that they may be the people I am looking for. This is the best information to date.
I had my doubts as to the year of Patrick's birth being 1843. I think it is too early maybe 1853 is closer to the mark.

Thomson (Scot)
Porter (Scot)
Sutherland (Scot)
Weir (Scot)
Bowdler (England)
Bradley(England)
O'Callaghan (Ireland)