Author Topic: ellen kirby clarke  (Read 4556 times)

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ellen kirby clarke
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 12 May 16 12:08 BST (UK) »
Ancestry has a baptism record for Ernest Babington on 8 Jun 1910 at St James Handsworth. It says his parents were Ellen and Ernest ???. Father's occupation polisher. Address the same as the family in 1911.
An earlier post says Ernest's father was Walter, where does that name come from?
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline mrsruz

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 12 May 16 14:05 BST (UK) »
Probably a red herring as Ellen Kirby Clarke never seems to have actually married anyone.
Ernest babingtonīs father is named as Ernest babington, a polisher. The only person to fit the description is Walter Ernest Babbington, who was also a polisher, but with the slight problem that he had a wife called Jane, who was still living.
He may easily have been the father of William Clarke who later married my fatherīs cousin Murial Hughes.

Offline whatsmyname

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 12 May 16 14:57 BST (UK) »
ernest babbington was born 21/05/1910 i have a copy of his birth cert it says fathers name as ernest but on his marriage cert fathers name is john babbington deceased, i thing the walter that was found a long time ago was walter ernest babbington but this was dismissed, there has been any marriage cert's found for my grandmother & she died 4 years before i was born
i new both of my aunts that took john babbingtons name & there was my aunt lilian clarke & my uncle bill clarke, lil was born before ernest & bill born after, very confusing