Author Topic: Dublin court/newspaper records 1925  (Read 10201 times)

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Dublin court/newspaper records 1925
« Reply #9 on: Monday 18 August 14 21:46 BST (UK) »
Irish Genealogy,Church Records
Elizabeth Gore born 28th June 1893 at 6 Summerhll.
Parents Thomas Gore and Euphemia Young

1901 census of 18.5 Upr Buckingham St
Violet Gore age 7
1911 census of 110.3 Leeson St.Upr
Violet Gore age 17 here they had started her name Liz and crossed it out.

Offline taramcdsmall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 18 August 14 22:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Evangeline

I hope you and your family are coping ok with all of these revelations.

Tara

Offline taramcdsmall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 18 August 14 22:48 BST (UK) »
Have you found him on the 1921 Military Census ?

These have next of kin, which given the timeframe would be ideal BUT he doesn't seem to match any !

http://census.militaryarchives.ie/results.php?firstname=patrick&lastname=o%27donoghue&age=&location=&button=Submit

Tara

Offline evangeline94

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 19 August 14 00:17 BST (UK) »
Thank you everyone for all the help and information you're giving me, it's fantastic news, i did look up the 1922 Irish Military Census and one of the Patrick O'Donoghues on the census is the one i'm after, his Army number is 11651, although it lists his mother as his next of kin, maybe he was trying to keep his double life a secret from everyone. My mother grew up in Ireland as an only child and was raised by an Aunt, she never spoke about her parents and we always assumed they had passed away.Bit by bit we're slowly putting the pieces of the puzzle together .
Thank you once again.

Offline taramcdsmall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 19 August 14 00:28 BST (UK) »
Hi

Sad all the same for your Mum  :(

BTW The record that you are talking about, is that the one that says Killarney ?

I thought he was from Cork ?

Those records were filled in by a clerk, surely they would have known he was married if he had his first wife living with him in the Curragh Barracks  ???

Tara

Offline evangeline94

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 19 August 14 10:39 BST (UK) »
Hello. Looking at the army census 1922, i see you are right, although the date of attestation and army number match the Patrick i have, the Patrick O'Donoghue i have was born in Macroom Co Cork 1898 and his parents were Jeremiah and Annie O'Donoghue nee Hallissey. It's all so confusing , there seems to be so many Patrick O'Donoghues out there ???. I think i will wait for the marriage certificate of Patrick O'Donoghue and Elizabeth Gore to come back and then start to take things from there. Once again, thank you for all your help with my query :)

Offline taramcdsmall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 19 August 14 10:44 BST (UK) »
Good Morning

Are you 100% sure that the military records that you have are correct ?

Is there proof in it that he IS in fact YOUR Grandfather ?

Do you have paperwork from your Mum that matches up to this man's military records ?

Tara

Offline evangeline94

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 19 August 14 11:29 BST (UK) »
Morning Tara :).
My mothers marriage certificate states her father as Patrick O'Donoghue (O'Donohoe) deceaded. Profession, Soldier in the Irish Republican Army.
Her birth certificate states,
Father, Patrick O'Donoghue, soldier, Dublin.
Mother, Sarah O'Donoghue nee Brennan, signature of informant Mary Brennan mother of Sarah, Shillelagh Wicklow.
After looking up the 1901/11 Irish census i found the O'Donoghue/Brennan Families and then found the marriage of Patrick and Sarah.
I then found records of a birth for Patrick O'Donoghue in Macroom which matched the records i had.
I wrote to  the military archives in Dublin, gave them copies of all the paperwork i had and they sent me the army records of my Patrick O'Donoghue born in Macroom Co Cork, discharged for Bigamy.In amongst the paper work they sent me, there was an odd record for a Patrick O'Donohoe born Killarney Co Kerry who was a corporal aged 23. His army number is 11651 the same as my grandfather. Iam going to write to them today, asking if there has been a mix up with the records because there can't be two Patrick O'Donoghues/ Donohues born in different places, with the same army number.
Going to be away from the computer for a while, so please don't think i'm ignoring your replies.

Offline taramcdsmall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 19 August 14 11:41 BST (UK) »
Hi There

HUM, a very tricky one.

Did your Mum have her birth cert in her possesion OR was it one that YOU had gotten.

Say your Mum's name is Mary O'Donoghue daughter of a Patrick O'Donoghue, a soldier (based on her marriage cert) ~ well there is very likely ANOTHER Mary O'Donoghue born about the same time to a Patrick O'Donoghue (Soldier).

I just want you to be 100% sure that you are working with the correct birth cert and not a coincidental one.

If your Mum always had her birth cert in her possession then you don't need to worry and it's just the military records that need to be sorted (presuming that Patrick's are one of the lucky ones that survived.

Tara