Author Topic: James PITCHER and wife Martha, Carlton Colville  (Read 4843 times)

Offline annes

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: James PITCHER and wife Martha, Carlton Colville
« Reply #9 on: Friday 10 April 15 19:08 BST (UK) »
From Carlton Colville parish register

Agnes Jane d/o Harriett Moore widow baptised 10th December 1870

When did she marry George?

Offline Frances Trickett

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 11 April 15 21:08 BST (UK) »
Sorry for delay in reply , partly because I have been having a think. Harriet married George Lovett , a waterman , on 21st October 1872 at Carlton Colville. Agnes Jane , the child you mentioned , was buried at Carlton Colville aged only five weeks old. As well as having Agnes , Harriet 's other children were Maria , William , Joseph , Amelia ( my direct ancestor ) Charles and Sylvia. Sylvia was actually registered in the births indexes as Sylvia Lovett Moore in the March quarter of 1867. On the 1881 census , she is listed as George's daughter and when she married in 1892, George Lovett appears as her father on the marriage certificate. So , in consequence , I am not entirely sure what went on here and when it was that Charles Moore, Harriet's first husband, drifted off the scene. Obviously , I have to do a spot of research here !

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 12 April 15 01:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Frances and annes

My husband is descended from James and Martha's son John PITCHER (1840-1921) and I have no information about his siblings.  John was married in London in 1863 and then was in Lowestoft from 1871.

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk