Author Topic: The Coyne family of Cornamona  (Read 2821 times)

Offline lorraineb1964

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
The Coyne family of Cornamona
« on: Sunday 12 October 14 11:53 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find any information regarding a Farming Family, named Coyne from Crimlin East Cornamona, Co. Galway. They were living in the area in the 1940's. I believe they had 5 children, 3 boys and 2 girls.  They were a Roman Catholic family. I don't have a clue where to start, although I know one of the daughters was born in Feb 1947 but I cannot find her birth record. Please can someone with local knowledge point me in the right direction to help me find this family. I would be extremely grateful.

Many thanks, Lorraine

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: The Coyne family of Cornamona
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 12 October 14 14:37 BST (UK) »
We aren't allowed to post details of living people or anyone who might still be alive but the online civil registration index goes up to 1958 for Galway (and the rest of the Republic of Ireland). The index lists the registration district and not the exact place such as townland. I think Cornamona is in Oughterard district.
https://familysearch.org/search/collection/1408347

I put in Coyne as the surname, Oughterard as the distict and 180 births in the 1940s are listed but mothers' maiden names appear in the indexes for that period which may help your search.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline lorraineb1964

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: The Coyne family of Cornamona
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 12 October 14 17:09 BST (UK) »
Hello Aghadowey, Sorry I didn't realise. I will delete the thread. Thank you for giving me this help, Lorraine