Author Topic: William Thomas Baker  (Read 3491 times)

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William Thomas Baker
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 06 November 14 03:44 GMT (UK) »
Death notice for that William Thomas Baker in the same newspaper, Dec 6, 1966.  Says he died on Dec 4 at the Birtle District Hospital.  He was 75.  Funeral from St George's Anglican Church in Birtle on the 7th of Dec.  No mention of family members. 

RK

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 06 November 14 04:15 GMT (UK) »
I have another possibility for Walter...

There is a funeral notice in the Shoal Lake Star, Jun 3, 1948 edition for Margaret Baker, wife of Walter Baker. 

Funeral was held in Vista United Church on May 20, 1948.  She came to Canada from England as a war bride and since then has resided in the Kelloe and Vista districts (this seems to fit with where Walter was living... according to the Attestation papers etc??)   Surviving are 2 sons and 3 daughters... Dick, at home, Robert of Manitoulin Island, Ontario, Alice of Toronto, Dorothy of Glen Leslie Alberta, and Kitty of Alida Saskatchewan.  Also 6 grandchildren.  She was buried in Argyle Cemetery

HMMM ??? ???

RK 

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 06 November 14 04:27 GMT (UK) »
Found her death notice... also in the Shoal Lake paper.  She died at the Rossburn Hospital on May 17th 1948.  She was 53.  Full name was Mary Margaret Hughes. 

Also found Dick's obituary in 2011.  If this is the right Walter and family, I can PM you some more names...

RK

Offline manawakian

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 06 November 14 12:05 GMT (UK) »
Searched the local history books, many of which were produced around the time of Manitoba's centennial in 1970.  Found a brief listing of the "bachelor farmers" in the Shoal Lake history mentioning William amongst several others.  The Rossburn history has a picture of Bakers Store in Vista which was purchased by Walter Baker from the original owner and later taken over by his son Dick.  Several Baker girls are mentioned in other family histories, but there is no Baker family writeup in either book.  Google manitobia (note spelling) to access these books online at no cost.

Offline Tonyalee

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 08 July 16 17:23 BST (UK) »
My name is tony I was born dec 07-1976 in Halifax my moms name is Lorraine Marie baker also Halifax my grandpa is Joel Abraham baker Jamaica we are German   My great grand father was Osborne Bartlett baker  immigrated from Germany to Jamaica  if that helps awesome because I'm searching as well