Author Topic: Reynolds New Kilpatrick Dunbartonshire  (Read 5883 times)

Offline catie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Reynolds New Kilpatrick Dunbartonshire
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 05 July 05 01:18 BST (UK) »
:P   Hi Guys

I am totally confused (my husband says that happens a lot)  where can I get transcripts of certificates I understand they are cheaper than certificates,
remember I am in Australia and the transfer rate is double at the moment.
I have spoken to cousins in Queensland and they are adamant it's wrong but I am leaning your way. 
Because I did my husbands tree and there was and still is a few doubtful entries and a few with I am sure missing generations because people can't have children at 70.   (women I mean)
If you could steer me in the right direction as to cheaper copies I would be eternally grateful.

Thank you again Anne and Kenjo.    ;) ;)

Offline kenjo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 05 July 05 02:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Catie,
Listen, sweetie!
If you join scotlandspeople, you pay $15 our money. and you get 30 credits, with that, you will get 5 certificates. It is the best deal in the world.
A certificate including the search, for $3
Nothing beats it, plus you can view, inmediately.
That 1871c I bought for you , I found and viewed it in 1 min.
If you need any help send me Private Email.
 click on the green scroll on the left.
kenjo
Pattillo, Connon, Shand, Mackie, Hickey, Brooks, Ryan.

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 05 July 05 05:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Catie
Can you imagine the pickle we'd get into genealogy-wise if women had babies at 70  ;D  . I'm in NZ so I understand the feeling re: exchange rate, but as Kenjo says, the ScotsPeople is possibly the best deal around - I don't know of a better way. My onlyadvice is that if you can use ScotsPeople, to plan out your searches so that you get best value for money (not like me first time a few yrs back, when it started up - I just went in all over the place and whoosh there  went all my dollars!)

I made an error too, in my last post wondering if Margaret could be a CONNELLY as opposed to CONNOR - seeing as she was a CANNON, according to your earlier post & the marriage record on IGI - sorry about that!  And I notice too, the 3rd Anthony on IGI born 1857 Glasgow (which is where Henry is supposed to have been born to the Census couple in abt 1854) -  the name must have been very special to them !

That Henry in 1881, if the age at Census is right - and perhaps it isn't  :( given what we already have seen with 1871 records of the family -  he could be born around 1854 or maybe if your very lucky 1855 - the magic year when birth certs detailed so much information on the family. Perhaps, in effort to see if the Census people are right, you could try find his birth first ?

Also perhaps, wondered if you have tried to locate them on Census 51, possibly in Glasgow?
Good luck - let us know how you go!
ANne
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Now that we're all here, I'm not sure if we're all there...."

Entre los individuos, como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz
 Among individuals, as among nations, respect for the rights of others is peace
    ~Benito Juarez (1806-1872)