Author Topic: what happened to elizabeth white nee whitehouse of wolverhampton in 1840s?  (Read 7744 times)

Offline Sue Tranter

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: what happened to elizabeth white nee whitehouse of wolverhampton in 1840s?
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 27 May 15 17:40 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Just noticed this post. Thomas White died in 1852/4 and his wife Elizabeth married their lodger - William Cutler - in 1858. Elizabeth (Cutler, formerly White, nee Whitehouse) died in 1867.
William Cutler appears on the 1841 and 1851 Census with Thomas and Elizabeth (although Elizabeth is shown as Sarah on the 1851 Census; clearly a mistake by the enumerator as her age is the same).
William and Elizabeth appear on the 1861 Census together - still at Temple Street.

Hope this puts you out of your misery!
Regards

Offline bradelkington

• RootsChat Veteran
  • third great grandmother Elizabeth bull b.1839
    • View Profile
Re: what happened to elizabeth white nee whitehouse of wolverhampton in 1840s?
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 27 May 15 20:49 BST (UK) »
Hey thanks for that I did infact discover this not too ling after my last comment in the post and forgot to update rootschat. A witness at the marriage of elizabeth white and william cutler was lydia addison which I found she was nee whitehouse and elizabeths younger sister. The parents were thomas whitehouse a key maker born 1771 Wednesfield and elizabeth smith. They had quite a few children all baptised/born bushbury Wednesfield which in 1851 she gives her birthplace as Wednesfield. Also in 1861 census she lives at 18 temple street ten years later in 1871 her son my fourth great gdad john white was living at that same house. All fits together doesn't it onxe you crack the puzzle. Thanks for postibg though are you related?