Author Topic: Marriage in Edinburgh?  (Read 2967 times)

Offline paulr_1

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage in Edinburgh?
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 11 December 14 11:44 GMT (UK) »
Thank you to everyone for your valuable inputs. Good to have it confirmed that his wife's maiden name was Bowman. He was also familiar with St Andrew's Church, Edinburgh, having preached there in March 1906 according to the Edinburgh Evening News.
Just as a bit of background to my request, Rev A.J. Gadd ended his days after 28 years as vicar of St Barnabas Church, Burnmoor, Co. Durham, where he was also interred in 1950. This is my home parish and I am researching this gentleman to include more detail about this remarkable man on my website: https://sites.google.com/site/allthingsbournmoor/
Appleby (Co. Durham), Bainbridge (Northumberland & Co. Durham), Batey (Houghton-le-Spring), Brotherton (South Shields), Butchart (Angus/Forfar & Sunderland), Fairless (South Shields), Graham (South Shields), Kirtley (Sunderland & area), Kitching (Westmorland), Mallinson (Westmorland), Pattison (Sunderland), Pickthall (Westmorland & Co. Durham), White (Co. Durham), Parker (Co. Durham), Robson (Sunderland & area), Walls (Co. Durham)