Author Topic: Marriage Margaret Beggs to William John Wright, 1814-1834  (Read 2777 times)

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Marriage Margaret Beggs to William John Wright, 1814-1834
« on: Thursday 11 December 14 05:18 GMT (UK) »
I am still looking for the marriage of Margaret Beggs to William John Wright. Margaret was born July 13, 1796 in Ireland, possibly Brookfield, to James Beggs and Jane, possibly Arthur. Margaret would be 18 in 1814 so looking for marriage starting then and up to 20 years later. James her father was born in Carnlea but Margaret's brother Robert was born in Brookfield in 1794. Robert died in Ballyvoy, Co. Antrim as did brother James, so perhaps Margaret lived there as well.
Thanks for any help
Peggy
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland

Online aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Margaret Beggs to William John Wright, 1814-1834
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 11 December 14 07:40 GMT (UK) »
Have you checked to see if church records cover the period she probably married? If those records do exist have you checked to see if there are any obvious gaps in the marriage records?

Duplicate topic (March 2014):
Margaret Beggs was born 1796, possibly Carnlea. She married William John Wright then James Waddell. She was married to James in 1876 when her brother Robert died in Ballyvoy as both her and James are mentioned in Robert's will.
Can anyone find these marriages?
Thanks for any and all help
Peggy

Son mentioned here (Feb.2014):
Thanks again, Kingskerswell. I did enter the children found on familysearch.  The information from Maryland did help me a lot with some spouses for the female Beggs, also males.
My Thomas had a sister Margaret born 1796 who, at the time of brother Robert's will written in Jan 1876, was married to James Waddell.  According to the Maryland family tree, Margaret had married to William John Wright and had a son William John Wright. I am thinking, but could be wrong, that William was probably her first marriage and James her second. I have looked for both marriages and both husband's wills, and wills written by Margaret using both surnames but found nothing. Margaret was born 1796 probably in either Carnlea, Carulla Parish or Brookfield, Ballyeaston or Kilbride, so thinking first marriage probably about 1814 and son William born perhaps 1816-1820.  James Waddell and Margaret were both alive in Jan 1876.
If you can find this couple, I would be deeply appreciative.
Peggy
Have you tried tracing this son (both for further details of him and his descendants to see if they have any family details)?
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 26 December 14 02:01 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, but I can't find anything on this son William John Wright either.
Peggy

Online aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 26 December 14 10:04 GMT (UK) »
If you don't have anything on the son then how do you know his name?
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 30 December 14 17:02 GMT (UK) »
The name of the son is mentioned in the family tree that I got from Maryland which is definitely my family and my ancestry. I didn't know about either William John Wright Sr. or Jr. until then. When Margaret's brother Robert died Feb 28, 1876, he mentioned that he had received $3,500 from his deceased brother John in America. I found the will of John Beggs who died Feb 28, 1875 in Westminster, Maryland and he states that he left his brother Robert $3,500. He left the same to my direct ancestor Thomas, also Robert and John's brother. 
Along with John's will, I was sent a family tree from Maryland.  I suppose there could be a mistake about Margaret's husband and son as I can't find either of them anywhere. But I tend to believe the tree.  However, in 1876 when Robert died, he stated that his sister Margaret was married to James Waddell.  I can't find that marriage either.
Thanks for any help
Peggy 

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 08 September 15 22:01 BST (UK) »
Still looking for the marriage of Margaret Beggs to william John Wright. I am now thinking there was no second marriage for Margaret.
However, still looking for first marriage to William John Wright and the birth of their son William John Wright, jr. possibly first Donegore or Ballyeaston.

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 10 October 15 03:08 BST (UK) »
I have the marriage records for First Donegore covering from 1806 and I didn't find Margaret's marriage. Perhaps it is in Ballyeaston First.
Peggy