Author Topic: "Additional Notes on the Family of Winckley" 1892  (Read 2885 times)

Offline estiman

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
"Additional Notes on the Family of Winckley" 1892
« on: Tuesday 30 December 14 23:47 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone know where a copy of this may be obtained/ viewed/ downloaded:

"Additional Notes on the Family of Winckley: From Papers in the Possession of Richard Veevers, Issues 2-3", 1892, 16 pages.

I am assuming that this is an addition to the book by William Winckley FSA "Documents Relating to the Winkley Family", published in Harrow, 1863, which I have.

I would also like to locate the "Death of Mr. W. Winckley, F.S.A. From the Harrow Gazette, Etc", 1897, 4 pages.  This may (?) be easier as it seems to relate to the contents of a newspaper (now defunct), the Harrow Gazette (renamed the Harrow Observer).

The 2 spellings of the name are both correct.

This is also posted in the Common Room but the main Winkley in question was from Harrow.

Offline Bookbox

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: "Additional Notes on the Family of Winckley" 1892
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 31 December 14 00:58 GMT (UK) »

Offline estiman

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: "Additional Notes on the Family of Winckley" 1892
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 31 December 14 18:59 GMT (UK) »
Good idea, Bookbox, will do in the New Year.  I don't know who Richard Veevers was but it seems to be a Lancashire name and the 1863 book identifies Lancashire origins for the Winkley family that moved to Lincolnshire and then Harrow.  I've sent a speculative enquiry to the Lancashire Local History Federation.  We shall see.

Cheers & Happy New Year   :)