Author Topic: Tierney: Ardara/Dunkineely/Killybegs  (Read 6855 times)

Offline pwaldron

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
McBrearty/Tierney family
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 10 June 15 00:35 BST (UK) »
Hi ATG

There's no Lizzie McBrearty in the scotlandspeople Statutory Deaths 1855-2013.  I guess we could play around with name variants.  The only McBrearty with mother's maiden surname recorded as Cairns is Margaret née Fleming who died in 2008 aged 90, so much too recent.

According to rootsireland.ie, the marriage certificate says that Lizzie's residence at the time of marriage was Dunkineely and that her father was Patrick Tierney, pedlar.

I have no direct blood or DNA relationship to the McBreartys.  I have a DNA link to someone who has a DNA link, probably on another side of her ancestry, to a greatniece of Patrick McBrearty II.

Paddy

Offline ATGoldsmith

• RootsChat Member
  • Researching since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Tierney: Ardara/Dunkineely/Killybegs
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 10 June 15 20:43 BST (UK) »
Paddy,

Hmm... Strange that there isn't a death for Lizzie.  However, as I think I mentioned earlier in this post, her sister-in-law, Bridget (neé McMahon) Tierney, is also illusive in the Scottish death index!  Maybe Lizzie died in Ireland?

Thanks for the marriage details:  I did see the marriage on rootsireland.ie when I subscribed however I didn't realise it doesn't let you look back at old searches after your subscription runs out!  She is definitely the child of my relatives, Patrick and Sarah (neé Cairns), because Patrick was a pedlar of Dunkineely.

Thanks again!

ATG
British student studying in Poland who loves travelling!

Asbury, Berwick, Birkenhead, Boswell, Campbell, Catlin, C(h)rimes, Clarke, Coles, Crawford, Crowfoot, Denton, Downie, Durrant, Dutton, Eaton, Fairbrother, Goldsmith, Gower, Hawkes, Hepburn, Hulatt, Humstone, Ivory, Kent, Lynn, Lyon, Mahon, Mander, McCann, McGowan, McGregor, McKean, McLeod, McMahon, Meechan, Moses, Nelson, Pelling, Pemberton, Pickstone, Sconce, Stokes, Summerfield, Swannell, Terry, Thorowgood, Tierney, Varney, Webdale.

Offline Hugh Tierney

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Tierney: Ardara/Dunkineely/Killybegs
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 20 February 22 13:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi I am also searching Tierney s from Donegal Ireland my great grandfather was Patrick Tierney I have a few different dates 1861.1859. And 1864. I have Patrick  maried to Ellen McPherson born Kilburnie aryshire. My 2x grandparents are Patrick Tierney 1815  .And Sarah cairns 1816.or 1822 .But there is ten children listed and some are born 1870s that would make Sarah and Patrick over 50 .any help would be appreciated .thankyou Hugh