Author Topic: Keevil........  (Read 4754 times)

Offline fastfusion

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Keevil........
« on: Saturday 03 January 15 01:29 GMT (UK) »
having difficulty finding 1841 /1881 censuses for keevil..... which site has thems please......thx

Offline andycand

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Keevil........
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 03 January 15 03:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Using Ancestry go to the specific census, select Wiltshire from the Browse option drop down menu then select Keevil from the Civil Parish drop down menu.

i had a quick look at findmypast and if you select the specific census from the A-Z and then enter Keevil in the Parish field (make sure that you select it when it appears just below where you are typing) then you will get results for Keevil  I only looked at 1871 but other years should be the same

Andy

Offline jrc11

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 03 January 15 12:13 GMT (UK) »
On FindMyPast type Keevil in street. For 1841 453 results.
Campbell Roscommon
Miles Wiltshire
Hitchings Wiltshire
Hole Somerset
Shaughnessy Roscommon

Offline fastfusion

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 04 January 15 08:04 GMT (UK) »
thanks for that folks......        I can see why Mr Pope said his comment on the end of his pdf.....

its has been a royal pain working the village from the end of his transcripts of the microform to 1837.... luckily the WFHS has covered the bmds indicating maiden names of kiddies post 37.....  but some marriages and births mean that some folk cannot achieve final charts cos of the gap.... including I suspect Mr Pope...........    i did find some baptismal /marriage results of fso that werent in Mr Popes transcript scopes that were from the old IGI........  Too many villages accross the UK have this gap problem from the end of some microform to 1837..........  Wiltshire especially...........

a post script on this was that one of the folk I was researching of Keevil had a Prero Court probate, and much to my surprise anc now has images of Prero Court probates............  what their limits and scopes are is unclear to me but  I have downloaded all the ones that concern all my tree......... which certainly gives some enlightenment to who they were......... :)

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 04 January 15 09:11 GMT (UK) »
Wiltshire (in particular) has always had a shortage of volunteer transcribers! ::)

So, as I've told you before, why don't you offer to do some transcribing yourself? ;D ;D
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 04 January 15 09:32 GMT (UK) »
KGarrad,

How about putting a link to where one can volunteer?

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 04 January 15 09:49 GMT (UK) »
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline fastfusion

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 06 January 15 00:46 GMT (UK) »
well .....  i am not even going to entertain the answer that has come out of the comment after the history aforetold once before from certain parties and would appreciate in this the new year of 2015 that certain parties keep the heck off my posts.       i will pay the WFHS to do the work i need than have associations with persons who have stated unfair comments such as "nobody should do research for".. or sneid remarks unhelpful to resolve of things I dont know about..

Offline fastfusion

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 18 January 15 23:05 GMT (UK) »
censuses image folios acquired ..transcribed and pdfffffffed.......      transcription of missing portion of parish register for the gap from Popes work to 1837 found, transcribed edited and DONE.......

and so is the tree, and well as the reconstruction of news events and other materials. Amazing what the result of my team worldwide achieved in 2 weeks ... a whole village from whoa to goer.

thankyou