Author Topic: Edward Bousfield Western Australia  (Read 4046 times)

Offline mollipops1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Edward Bousfield Western Australia
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 07 January 15 10:47 GMT (UK) »
FindMyPast Passenger Lists leaving UK 1890-1960 has these BOUSFIELD arrivals in Fremantle in 1911:

BOUSFIELD  A M b. c1874 —  1911 Fremantle, Western Australia, Australia
BOUSFIELD  BERTHA A J b. c1898 — 1911 Fremantle, Western Australia, Australia
BOUSFIELD  ED b. c1873 — 1911  Fremantle, Western Australia, Australia
BOUSFIELD  HENRY b. c1904 — 1911 Fremantle, Western Australia, Australia
BOUSFIELD  J —  — 1911 Fremantle, Western Australia, Australia
BOUSFIELD  MAUD b. c1900 — 1911 Fremantle, Western Australia, Australia
BOUSFIELD  RUTH — — 1911 Fremantle, Western Australia, Australia
BOUSFIELD  SARAH — — 1911 Fremantle, Western Australia, Australia

Offline mollipops1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 07 January 15 10:50 GMT (UK) »
FindMyPast Passenger Lists leaving UK 1890-1960 has these BOUSFIELD arrivals in Fremantle in 1911:

BOUSFIELD  A M b. c1874 —  1911 Fremantle, Western Australia, Australia
BOUSFIELD  BERTHA A J b. c1898 — 1911 Fremantle, Western Australia, Australia
BOUSFIELD  ED b. c1873 — 1911  Fremantle, Western Australia, Australia
BOUSFIELD  HENRY b. c1904 — 1911 Fremantle, Western Australia, Australia
BOUSFIELD  J —  — 1911 Fremantle, Western Australia, Australia
BOUSFIELD  MAUD b. c1900 — 1911 Fremantle, Western Australia, Australia
BOUSFIELD  RUTH — — 1911 Fremantle, Western Australia, Australia
BOUSFIELD  SARAH — — 1911 Fremantle, Western Australia, Australia

A Ruth BOUSFIELD died in WA in 1952 (reg 1761, Perth). Death notices confirm the connection.

The West Australian, Saturday 26 July 1952
BOUSFIELD: On July 21, 1952, suddenly, at Subiaco, Ruth Bousfield, loved sister of Sarah Pringle (Kalgoorlie). Prlvately interred in the Anglican Cemetery. Karrakatta, on July 25. The -Rev. Norwood officiated at the graveside. Prosser Scott and, Co. Pti. Ltd., Subiaco.
BOUSFIELD: On July 21, Ruth, sister of Edward (deceased), loved sister-in-law of Alice, aunt of Bertha, Maud, Henry, Arthur.
http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article49043475

Sarah's marriage mistranscribed:
Pringle William J / East Coolgardie / 26 / 1913 / Rousfield Sarah

The J on the shipping list might be eldest daughter Jane?

Offline Hyjean

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 08 January 15 00:10 GMT (UK) »
Again thank you to mollipops and sparrett all very useful documentation and have looked up all references.
 Wonderful Hyjean

Offline mollipops1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 08 January 15 09:18 GMT (UK) »
Hello again

Not sure how much detail you are interested in on Edward but this is a death notice for one of his brothers-in-law. It lists all of Edward's siblings - they match the ones listed in his mother Jane's 1933 death notice I posted a link to earlier.

The West Australian, Thursday 19 May 1932
BLENNERHASSETT. — On May 17, at St. John of God Hospital, Subiaco, Jim, beloved brother-in-law of Jane (Mrs. Smart, Sydney), Eward Bousfield (deceased), Harry Bousfield (United States America), Maud (Mrs. C. J. King, Claremont), Ruth (Miss Bousfield, Park-street, Subiaco), Fon (Mrs. Pringle, Kalgoorlie), Sydney Bousfield (Daglish). Peacefully sleeping after a long and painful illness.
http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article32649513

Rebecca BOUSFIELD arrived in Fremantle in 1916. She married James in 1918 (reg 346, Perth).

The West Australian, Saturday 19 January 1946
BLENNERHASSETT. — On January 18, 1946, at her residence, 142 Park-street, Subiaco, Rebecca, widow of the late James Blennerhassett, loving mother of Rodger, Jim and Peg, loving sister of Ruth, Maud, Fon and Syd, fond mother-in-law of Reg; aged 56 years. At rest.

So he also had a sister named Ruth; she must be the one listed above. The Sarah (known as Fon) who married Pringle was also a sister of Edward, not a daughter. Ditto for Maud & Jane - Maud married in 1911 to Charles J KING in Claremont (reg 12) though I can't see Jane's marriage to SMART; possible death in Ryde NSW in 1937. Maud's death notices are here: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article46327238

Youngest sibling Sydney married as Sidney in 1921 to Mary Ann Elizabeth MORRIS and died in 1947:
The West Australian, Saturday 22 February 1947
BOUSFIELD.--On February 20, 1947, at Brldgetown, Sidney, dearly beloved husband of Mary Bousfield, of Jayes-road, Bridgetown. loving father of Grace (Mrs. Stan Shephard) and Les; aged 60 years. At rest.
BOUSFIELD.-In loving memory of a dear Sid. who passed away February 20, 1947. - From his loving sister Ruth.
http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article46264551

EDIT - just found Jane's marriage to Wm Albert SMART - it was in Islington UK in Sep qtr 1893!
(1b 598).

Offline MrsJuli3P33c0ck

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 01 May 18 13:48 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I was cruising around the internet for something totally unrelated to Family History Research and then BAM, for now reason pops up RootsChat discussing my grandfather Edward Bousfield!

Hence, out of curiosity I registered & here I am.

I am the youngest (5th) child of Henry Bellasis Sidney Bousfield the son of Edward and Jane (nee Goddard). Dad married mum, Alice Boag in 1934 and dropped the Bellasis from his name. I think it had something to do with a Lord Bellasis in Nottinghamshire during the civil war. He was a royalist I think.

Anyway, I would like to simply introduce myself & ask if it is you that has a personal interest in my family or someone else belonging to this site? I'd very much like to make contact if that's at all possible?

Cheers,

MrsJuli3P33c0ck

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 01 May 18 19:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Hyjean,

Thanks heaps for the quick response.

I have no idea if this message will reach you but to be honest, I can't seem to navigate RootsChat very well at the moment & this SEEMS to be the only option I have in terms of contacting you. I can't even figure out how to private message you! Sorry.

Please don't bother Jackie about all this. I'm well aware of my cousin James' sad passing & I now understand what your posts were all about. In fact I'm the person who gave as much as I could about the family in the hope of helping him learn more about his father. They both came to my home here in at Wilson and we had a most enjoyable morning tea with cousin Iris her husband Brian and my siblings Max & Val. Oh, and Jackie's very cute little dog.

Unfortunately I was unable to attend James' funeral but we are hoping to have another little get together with dear Iris & with luck Jackie will join us.

Perhaps if you mention all that I have written in this message she will twigg who I am & pass my contact details on to you. It would be lovely to have a chat & who knows, you might even be able to join us for a cuppa?

Regards,

RG

Welcome to RootsChat MrsJuli, The message above was sent to me in error.

New members are unable to access all RootsChat functions until they have made a couple of posts, then you will be able to see and use the PM function.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk