Author Topic: Wyness/Davidson families  (Read 2139 times)

Offline mudgeemaid

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Wyness/Davidson families
« on: Wednesday 21 January 15 11:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rootschatters
Looking for help with Mary Wyness b.15/12/1909 who married Ernest Clark Davidson b. 20/5/1904 who were both from Inverurie.  Sadly, this is all the information I have. Hope to find any information I can about these two.
Really appreciate any help
regards
mudgeemaid

Offline JMStrachan

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Wyness/Davidson families
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 21 January 15 11:27 GMT (UK) »
ScotlandsPeople (pay to view site) has a marriage for Ernest Clark Davidson and Mary Donald W Henderson at Inverurie in 1932. This looks like them. You can pay to view and download the marriage certificate at http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk and this will tell you who the parents of both of them were. You can also pay to view the 1911 census, which should have both of them when they were children.

If you've not used ScotlandsPeople before, you need to register and then buy credits using a credit card, but it's not expensive if you just want to view a small number of records. It costs £7 for 30 credits. You use up 1 credit to view the index based on your search criteria, then 5 credits to view the actual image of the certificate or census page.
AYRSHIRE - Strachan, McCrae, Haddow, Haggerty, Neilson, Alexander
ABERDEENSHIRE (Cruden and Longside) - Fraser, Hay, Logan, Hutcheon or Hutchison, Sangster
YORKSHIRE (Worsbrough) - Green, Oxley, Firth, Cox, Rock
YORKSHIRE (Royston and Carlton) - Senior, Simpson, Roydhouse, Hattersley

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 21 January 15 11:55 GMT (UK) »
Just to add to JM's research -
Mary Donald Wyn(as much as can be entered) Henderson ,  birth ,  1910 Inverurie Aberdeen.

Born December 1909 but not registered until 1910 ?

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 22 January 15 09:29 GMT (UK) »
Born December 1909 but not registered until 1910 ?

Born 15 December and registered in early January, just within the time limit of 21 days after the birth?
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline ecksdochter

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 22 January 15 11:29 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
     From ScotlandsPeople website, "A birth that occurred at the end of a year may not have been registered until the beginning of the next year."
     My sister, born late December, 1945 was registered early January, 1946, well within the 21 days allowed for registering a birth. On ScotlandsPeople her birth would be found in 1946, the year of registration, not birth.
     Good luck with your search.
               Regards,     Dod.

"Scotsman! I am not a Scotsman -- I am a Fifer."