Author Topic: Corsildia Jane Bartle  (Read 4370 times)

Offline fletch001

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Corsildia Jane Bartle
« on: Friday 23 January 15 19:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I'm trying to find anything regarding my Great Grandmother. She was born in Forest Cornwall in 1888. I cannot find anything for her except the birth/marriage/death to Sydney Tresidder in 1908 in Helston. I have been told she may have been a Romany Gypsy before marriage. She died in Staithes North Yorkshire in 1975 where they moved up from Cornwall for the Ironstone mining in that area.
Fletcher, Lofthouse, Tressider, Dale, McAllister, Beaton, McInnes, Comrie

Offline nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Russian John
    • View Profile
Re: Corsildia Jane Bartle
« Reply #1 on: Friday 23 January 15 20:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Welcome to Rootschat.  :)

A copy of the marriage certificate should show the name and occupation of her father; it will also show how old she was......or how old she said she was!

A copy can be ordered from GRO  and costs £9.25.

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

Nanny Jan
Howard , Viney , Kingsman, Pain/e, Rainer/ Rayner, Barham, George, Wakeling (Catherine), Vicary (Frederick)   all LDN area/suburbs  Ottley/ MDX,
Henman/ KNT   Gandy/LDN before 1830  Burgess/LDN
Barham/SFK   Rainer/CAN (Toronto) Gillians/CAN  Sturgeon/CAN (Vancouver)
Bailey/LDN Page/KNT   Paling/WA (var)

All census look-ups are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline fletch001

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 24 January 15 06:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Nanny Jan,
Thank you for your reply,
I have thought about getting her birth certificate a while back but never did. I will certainly try to get it this time, it may be the only way of getting this information. My mum and Dad went to Helston on holiday many years ago and found my Grans birth certificate but not my Great Gran. I think they had difficulty finding it.#Regards
Mike

Offline whiteout7

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 24 January 15 08:57 GMT (UK) »
Her records are interesting, she shows up as:
Cortilda Jane E Bartle in a marriage search 1908, Helston, Cornwall

and in the Cornwall OPCs as:
Janie Certildia Ellis, mother of Emmeline Jane Tressider born 1909, Carnmenellis, Cornwall.

I'm wondering if she is the Jane Bartle in Helston, Cornwall  born 1889 in the 1901 census aged 12?
I can't access the 1901 census but this could be another way to find her family. No Jane, really shows up around that 1889 date as being born in Cornwall in the OPCs

Could she have been baptised as Jane and the Corsildia name been used to distiguish her later in life from all the other Janes?
Wemyss/Crombie/Laing/Blyth (West Wemyss)
Givens/Normand (Dysart)
Clark/Lister (Dysart)
Wilkinson/Simson (Kettle or Kettlehill)

Offline nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Russian John
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 24 January 15 11:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Nanny Jan,
Thank you for your reply,
I have thought about getting her birth certificate a while back but never did. I will certainly try to get it this time, it may be the only way of getting this information. My mum and Dad went to Helston on holiday many years ago and found my Grans birth certificate but not my Great Gran. I think they had difficulty finding it.#Regards
Mike

I've not found a birth registration;  your best way would be to get the marriage certificate as you know that is her!

Nanny Jan
Howard , Viney , Kingsman, Pain/e, Rainer/ Rayner, Barham, George, Wakeling (Catherine), Vicary (Frederick)   all LDN area/suburbs  Ottley/ MDX,
Henman/ KNT   Gandy/LDN before 1830  Burgess/LDN
Barham/SFK   Rainer/CAN (Toronto) Gillians/CAN  Sturgeon/CAN (Vancouver)
Bailey/LDN Page/KNT   Paling/WA (var)

All census look-ups are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline maryanne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 24 January 15 17:55 GMT (UK) »

I'm wondering if she is the Jane Bartle in Helston, Cornwall  born 1889 in the 1901 census aged 12?
I can't access the 1901 census but this could be another way to find her family. No Jane, really shows up around that 1889 date as being born in Cornwall in the OPCs

Could she have been baptised as Jane and the Corsildia name been used to distiguish her later in life from all the other Janes?
1901 Jane Bartle age 12 and born Illogan 1889, is a niece  living with Bathseheba Bartle who was born in Wendron. Bathsheba also has 2 daughters and a son living with her.
Address:Carnmenellis, Wendron, Helston, Cornwall, England

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 24 January 15 18:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi, the Jane in 1901 appears to be the Jane Pascoe Bartle June qtr 1888 Redruth 5c 198 in 1891 we have:-

Jane Bartle 57 Widow
Thomas J Son 23
Bethshiba 26 Daughter in Law b Wendron
Jane P 3 Grandaughter
William H 1 Grandson
Lavinia J 4 months Grandaughter
Residing at FOREST, Illogan, Redruth, Cornwall
Census Ref RG12/1848/87/13
All others born Illogan

Note, Thomas John Bartle married Bathsheba Moyle Dec qtr 1888 Helston 5c 363, but in 1901 Bathsheba does not show Jane as a daughter, but rather as a niece.
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline fletch001

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 25 January 15 07:20 GMT (UK) »
Good Morning All,
Thank you all for your help, it is amazing what members of this site can do, thank you. You have opened up a way forwards for me to check all this new information i did not have until now.
I now live in Scotland, but originally from Yorkshire so it is a little difficult for me to find people close at hand to help out, thank you all once again, amazing.

Her full name is Corsildia Jane Ellis Bartle which only shows up on her marriage information and on my Grans birth certificate, Emmeline Jane Tressider
Regards
Mike

Offline whiteout7

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 26 January 15 03:06 GMT (UK) »
"Illogan is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cornwall.Other places in the parish include: Brea, Bridge, Carn Brea, FOREST, Illogan Downs, Pool, Portreath, Trevenson Moor, and Voguebeloth. Illogan (Cornish: Egloshal)is situated in the Deanery and Hundred of Penwith"

The IGI (familysearch) doesn't cover the year she was born, nor does the Cornwall OPC site, so that explains why her birth is not in either of those sites.

If she was born in Forest, then the baptism record might appear eventually because people with earlier birthdates are on the Cornwall OPC.

Wemyss/Crombie/Laing/Blyth (West Wemyss)
Givens/Normand (Dysart)
Clark/Lister (Dysart)
Wilkinson/Simson (Kettle or Kettlehill)