Author Topic: Looking for Baptism of Eva J Lockwood  (Read 3463 times)

Offline vicky19

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Looking for Baptism of Eva J Lockwood
« on: Thursday 29 January 15 10:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Would any one be able to look up the baptism record of a Eva Johnson Lockwood, she was born in 1897 in Thealby Lincolnshire (Glanford Brigg area is on the civil reg list), I've found her on the census with her mother Charlotte Lockwood, and I've then been able to find Charlotte with her mother Ann, but I have not found a marriage for Charlotte and I've been unable to find the father of Eva....

Many Thanks

Vicky
Lillywhite, Dwane, Hatchett, Curtis, Giuliani, Payne, Meen, Rockliff, Leopold, Winney, True, Groombridge, Middleton, Agombar, Scanlon, Grice, Vezey, Hindley, Cannell, Welch

Offline vronlady

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Baptism of Eva J Lockwood
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 29 January 15 11:36 GMT (UK) »
I note than in the 1901 census with Eva - charlotte is down as single so it is likely you  wont find a marriage for her.

Offline vicky19

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 29 January 15 11:47 GMT (UK) »
Yes, thats why I thought the only chance of finding out the father was the baptism record. V
Lillywhite, Dwane, Hatchett, Curtis, Giuliani, Payne, Meen, Rockliff, Leopold, Winney, True, Groombridge, Middleton, Agombar, Scanlon, Grice, Vezey, Hindley, Cannell, Welch

Offline catfordcrooner

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 29 January 15 11:58 GMT (UK) »
If your willing to pay the money
Eva Johnson Lockwood born 1897
Glanford Brigg 1st Q, Vol 7A, p721

I suspect the father's name was Johnson
Crawford
Taylor
Hurstwaite
Hayles
Dunlop
Neil - Cork, Ireland

Offline vicky19

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 29 January 15 12:08 GMT (UK) »
Thats what I suspect too, I'm helping a friend look into their tree so I was trying to keep the money down for her.......

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 29 January 15 12:10 GMT (UK) »
If your willing to pay the money
Eva Johnson Lockwood born 1897
Glanford Brigg 1st Q, Vol 7A, p721

I suspect the father's name was Johnson

I would have suspected Eva's father is a Mr Johnson - often an illegitimate child is given the father's surname as a middle name
Father's name may be on baptism record - only occasionally have I come across this
but maybe the father wasn't a Mr Johnson

in 1901 Charlotte Lockwood (described as Neice ) and Eva Lockwood (described as Grand neice) are with John Johnson 67 b Sheffield and his wife Hannah age 70 b Messingham Lincs (I don't think John Johnson and Hannah had any children)
It seems John Johnson married Hannah Lockwood in 1855 - so Hannah was probably Charlotte's father's sister?
I cannot find Charlotte's father on census -although 1871 Charlotte's mother Ann is described as Married - strangely there is another male Johnson living next door
So who was Charlotte's father??

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline vicky19

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 29 January 15 12:51 GMT (UK) »
Im not sure, I would assume the father was a Mr Johnson as well... possibly a relative of John Johnson?

Ahh well thats where it gets more tricky, as you say John Johnson married Hannah Lockwood in 1855. Her parents were Robert and Amelia Lockwood, she seems to have had only one brother, a Joseph Lockwood born about 1842, but I cant find a marriage to an Ann (stated as Charlottes mother on the census). In 1871 Ann is living with Charlotte in Stewarts Yard Hull, and Joseph is married but living on his own at 9 Dock Street Hull. I currently can't find the three of them in 1881 and in 1891 Charlotte is in a workhouse. At the moment I'm assuming Joseph is the father until I can prove otherwise. There was a Joseph marrying an Emma Rawnlsey Barker in 1865 in Glanford Brigg which fits times wise but at the moment I cant trace Emma anywhere in birth or census records... It might be one of those tree where we have to bite the bullet and just send for loads of certificates to sort it out.

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 29 January 15 21:33 GMT (UK) »
I think you may be correct re certificates - seems quite a complicated family

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Geoff-E

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 30 January 15 10:47 GMT (UK) »
You will need to investigate the people involved in this 1868 baptism, if only to eliminate them-
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:NR7M-HZR
Today I broke my personal record for most consecutive days alive.