Author Topic: Reilly family from Lisagoan, Kingscourt, Co. Cavan  (Read 2452 times)

Offline 777777

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Reilly family from Lisagoan, Kingscourt, Co. Cavan
« on: Thursday 12 February 15 23:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,

My grandmother Margaret Teresa (known as Dolly) Reilly was from Lisagoan, Co. Cavan. Her father was Francis (Frank) Reilly (1871-1938) who lived in Lisagoan all his life, his parents were Patrick Reilly and Judith (Julia) Connolly.

Frank Reilly had six brothers and one sister, and my mother (who grew up in Greaghlone, Co. Monaghan, which is very close to Lisagoan) remembers there being lots of Reilly second-cousins around. If any of them are on here I'd love to get in touch and exchange information.

The children of Patrick and Judith Reilly were as follows:
James Reilly b. 6 Dec 1864
Michael Reilly b. 4 Jan 1867
Patrick Reilly b. 10 Mar 1869
Francis Reilly (mentioned above) b. 2 Jul 1871
Mary Reilly b. 7 Nov 1873
Henry Reilly b. 4 Jan 1876
John Reilly b. 29 Apr 1878
Philip Reilly b. 20 May 1882

The only one of these about whom I have any info is Henry, who lived in Kingscourt and married Bridget Sheridan and had at least eight children (Ellen, Patrick, Michael, Mary Josephine (went to USA), Bridget (became a nun), Anna, James (went to USA) and Rose). If anyone has any info about any of these Reillys I'd really love to hear from you! I'm having a bit of difficulty finding out what happened to the rest of Frank's siblings because of the large horde of Reillys in Cavan, so I'd really appreciate any information.