Author Topic: Areas of mocho Jamaica help needed  (Read 1257 times)

Offline nadine a

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Areas of mocho Jamaica help needed
« on: Saturday 14 February 15 14:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I am researching my family from clarendon mocho Jamaica and came a cross a birth record on the family search site, A area of Micho is mentioned and l do not know what it is as the writing is not clear, l do not have any knowledge of Jamaica or any possibility it could be and would be greatfully for any suggestion please the area looks to say "reido mocho" or "rudo mocho" May be neither any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
Nadine
ward, Harris, Bevan, Evans, Allen, Taylor, Radwell, Blackwell, Cherry, Bradshaw

Offline Duncan Bennie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Areas of mocho Jamaica help needed
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 18 February 15 23:38 GMT (UK) »
Hey Nadine,

There is a Mocho mountain range in the Clarendon parish. Perhaps it is referring to a rural region in that range? I have no idea abour reido or rudo as translated from Spanish they mean nothing to do with areas so the word must be something else.

Kind regards,

Duncan

Offline vcreid

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Areas of mocho Jamaica help needed
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 07 July 16 21:40 BST (UK) »
Its called Reid's Mocho or Mocho Reid. runs between White Chapel and Cedars. I only know how to get there from the Cedars entrance.

Nadine, I see you are researching Evans, so am I. I am researching Evans from Pleasant Valley, Clarendon. Ellen Evans to be exact, she was Herb McKenley's grandma and my Great Great Grandma. She was married to Robert Manning.

If you are on Facebook, you can check out Clarendon Genealogy group and the Evans family group and they can assist you. But link up, we can work on the Evans line if you want. I am also on myheritage.