Author Topic: Haggart family Brechin/cowdenbeath area.  (Read 1852 times)

Offline Scottleneveu

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Haggart family Brechin/cowdenbeath area.
« on: Friday 27 February 15 17:14 GMT (UK) »
Hello, I am looking for any information on my great grandfather David Wright Haggart. I believe that he was born in Cowdenbeath, Scotland around 1922 but I  think that he spend most of his childhood in brechin which is where most of the family now lives. I think his father was called David Nicol Bruce Haggart and I think he was born around 1894 in possibly Laurencekirk, Scotland? He married my gg grandmother Nellie Alison Sunter who I believe was born in Brechin but passed away quite young, but unfortunately, this is really all I know. I would love to hear from anybody who is possibly related to me as I really don't know a lot at all about my Scottish roots.
I hope to hear from you soon, Scott.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Haggart family Brechin/cowdenbeath area.
« Reply #1 on: Friday 27 February 15 17:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Scott and welcome to Rootschat

This is the 1901 census entry fitting one of the profiles you give.  However - I would strongly recommend you use Scotlands People to confirm the details - see end of my reply for further info

Leuchars Village Fife - all children born Laurencekirk Kincardineshire

Robert Haggart   28 journeyman blacksmith born Auchtermuchty
Annie  28 b Hillside Forfarshire
Martin  7
David 5
Jennie  3
Charles 1   
Leuchars ED 3 Page 22 Line 11

Davids marriage cert to Nellie can be viewed on Scotlands People via purchase of credits and will confirm his parents names and mothers maiden name

If you can confirm that the parents shown above are correct - please let us know

www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)