Author Topic: wallace  (Read 2070 times)

Offline grockle

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
wallace
« on: Tuesday 03 March 15 07:39 GMT (UK) »
I'm looking for information on the Wallace family of Earlston, Berwickshire.  David Wallace 1847-1902 married my Great Grand Aunt, Ruth Hodgson 1841-1915 of Corby, Cumberland, they had five children, Henry b.1874, Thomas b.1877, Annie Elizabeth 1879-1884, Robert Swan b.1881 and Ruth b.1886.  All I know of these children was that the sons were drapers, that Thomas married an Elizabeth Helen Robb Scott and that Henry was  married (to who?) and had a son, William Mercer Wallace b.1922 in Earlston and died in Illinois in 2014.  Henry may have gone to Whitley bay in 1929, he and his sister Ruth were amateur musicians in the Earlston district.  Any help would be appreciated.

regards

Offline sgf28

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: wallace
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 03 March 15 08:19 GMT (UK) »
1901 Census David and Ruth are in Newcastle upon Tyne with daughter Ruth:

Pc: 4786
Folio: 46
Pg no: 11

Whilst Henry born 1875 is still at High St, Earlsdon with his brothers.

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 03 March 15 09:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi ,
http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/ has the 1911 Census.
There is a Henry Wallace aged 36 at Earlston Berwick , also there Robert S Wallace aged 29 , Ruth Wallace aged 24 and Ruth Wallace aged 69.

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline grockle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 03 March 15 10:45 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for those replies, from looking through old newspapers I know Ruth was still in the Earlston are in the 1920's and, there is a mention of Henry moving down to Whitley Bay in 1929.  Thomas was in Earlston in 1925 after returning from Canada, after that, I can't trace the Wallaces.