Author Topic: MASTERS family, Chard  (Read 7156 times)

Offline kellymasters

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: MASTERS family, Chard
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 28 March 15 08:19 GMT (UK) »
There are 2 Percival G Masters born close together:

The one from the 1901 census, so the son of George:
Births December quarter  1897  Percival George Masters  Wellington, Somerset

and this one born in Chard, so making any marriages more difficult to assign

Births March quarter 1902  Percival George Masters  Chard   

2 marriages possible, but there is no Eveline or Rose in that photo.

Aaah.

Ignore above
Births September quarter 1897   
Percy George Masters    Chard   

Marriage to an Elsie
Marriages September quarter 1928  Elsie M Butt    Percy G Masters    Wincanton   

Percy George Masters  Birth 10 Jul 1897  Death  Dec 1975  Yeovil, Somerset

Quite a few possible children to that marriage - look at names on photo to cross-reference.

Possible death for Elsie:
    Elsie May Masters Birth 27 Feb 1901  Death Nov 2003  South Somerset, Somerset

hmmmmm its so frustrating that i can not upload the photo :( any hints t get it uploaded

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 28 March 15 08:26 GMT (UK) »

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 28 March 15 08:28 GMT (UK) »
Sorry - never done photos on here.

Do you want to guess the ages, just for now, until someone with experience of uploading photos can help?

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 28 March 15 10:38 GMT (UK) »
I think that if you use free bmd
http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl
using the relevant surnames
Masters/Butt,
Mitchem/Masters
Parkhouse/Masters
you will find the children.

I think that some are indeed using middle names on that photo, e.g. there is a June on your list, who could possible be Margaret J at birth, similarly Alan could be Gerald A.

As rootschat does not allow (?) the discussion of living people, I think you are better off asking for help elsewhere if you want to trace any living descendants.

Kelly has scanned the photo to me so, for others interest, I estimate the ages, extremely quickly done, as:

John,(10)  Dick (12), Brian (14), Barbara (12), Alan (16), Arch (adult) and Jim (adult),
Front row, June (10), Elsie (adult), Percy(adult), Grandad, Grandma, Olive (adult), John (8), Ada (adult)
 Gillian (baby)

Added:
That John I have estimated as 8, not as a smiley face

Offline kellymasters

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 05 April 15 05:33 BST (UK) »
I think that if you use free bmd
http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl
using the relevant surnames
Masters/Butt,
Mitchem/Masters
Parkhouse/Masters
you will find the children.

I think that some are indeed using middle names on that photo, e.g. there is a June on your list, who could possible be Margaret J at birth, similarly Alan could be Gerald A.

As rootschat does not allow (?) the discussion of living people, I think you are better off asking for help elsewhere if you want to trace any living descendants.

Kelly has scanned the photo to me so, for others interest, I estimate the ages, extremely quickly done, as:

John,(10)  Dick (12), Brian (14), Barbara (12), Alan (16), Arch (adult) and Jim (adult),
Front row, June (10), Elsie (adult), Percy(adult), Grandad, Grandma, Olive (adult), John (8), Ada (adult)
 Gillian (baby)

Added:
That John I have estimated as 8, not as a smiley face

Thank you so much. Where do i go to look for living discendants, I am in NZ. Any help appreciated :) Thanks

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 05 April 15 09:04 BST (UK) »
Will send pm as living people etc.

I am also going to suggest Genes Reunited and ancestry public members trees as various ancestors and others are showing there.

Offline kellymasters

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 06 April 15 08:03 BST (UK) »
Will send pm as living people etc.

I am also going to suggest Genes Reunited and ancestry public members trees as various ancestors and others are showing there.

Wow thanks so much. I will definitely take my time and work systematically through the information you have sent through to me. Your help is amazing and very appreciated :)

Offline Cecilie

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 08 July 15 22:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Kelly

For some reason I put my grandma Elsie May Masters into google search and found your post.  Reading the comments, I think you are talking about my family! My grandad is Percy Masters and my father is the youngest of 6 children.  He is Derek Peter Masters.  The children were Brian (now deceased), Dick (probably Richard!), June, John ( I think this was his middle name), Gillian and Derek.  My grandad died when I bad 1 years old so in 1975/76 and my grandma lived until she was over 100.  If you reply, I can find out more details from my dad.

They were farming family and the farm went on to June and is still within the family.

Hope this is of interest.

Would be great to see the picture you refer to as my dad may be on it. 

Offline kellymasters

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 09 July 15 00:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Kelly

For some reason I put my grandma Elsie May Masters into google search and found your post.  Reading the comments, I think you are talking about my family! My grandad is Percy Masters and my father is the youngest of 6 children.  He is Derek Peter Masters.  The children were Brian (now deceased), Dick (probably Richard!), June, John ( I think this was his middle name), Gillian and Derek.  My grandad died when I bad 1 years old so in 1975/76 and my grandma lived until she was over 100.  If you reply, I can find out more details from my dad.

They were farming family and the farm went on to June and is still within the family.

Hope this is of interest.

Would be great to see the picture you refer to as my dad may be on it.

Hi Cecile

Wow thank you so much for your reply. It sounds very much like we are talking about the same family and one i know so little  about. So it would be fantastic  if we are.

. I will send you the photo tonight. i so look forward  to hearing  more from you.

Thanks Kelly :)