Author Topic: James Sibby cooper  (Read 7945 times)

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Sibby cooper
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 26 May 18 08:31 BST (UK) »
The one were you said he would have been my grandfather cousin sibbys sister was Emma skechley and they did live st number 11 ashby road(cooper )
Ste

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 26 May 18 09:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Mariana
Thanks flower for finding that I have a lot of his fights as well I have been trying to follow his family from wood house eves to Markfield .
He whent to live Copt oak Markfield in the end in the cottages next to the restraunt a chap used to live near him before he moved he said if he didn't like you he wouldn't speak to you .sibby was my grandfathers cousin .im reading the last Tudor at the moment lady Jane grey married into the Dudley family ,her sister Catherine grey married a Edward Seymour ,but she had some thing to do with need Seymour as well and a child was born my grans niece Susan Howard who lives in Liverpool as said there's some thing to do with your mums side the cooper family Markfield mums great great grand father Charles cooper married Elizabeth Geary Stanton under bardon her mother was Alice Geary (frost)born n
Newtown linford Leicester she married Elizabeth's father John Geary 1779 John Geary was moved up to field head Markfield from bradgate park there was a village ,but got moved when they put the resvoir in there Alice frost father William frost and his brother Richard frost was stewards for lady Jane grey over the kitchen staff .richard married a Elizabeth Gervis but not been able to find her parents it was said Markfield .but I found Gervis family Oscathorpe I have the family stuff upstairs from the frost family but have to fetch it out my cubdoard again to look at williams wife's name .but would love some one who could find the connection to Catherine grey to mums side I have found the cooper family in Hinckley church yard a head stone there at the bottom of it had a states saying the would is a city of crooked aritics but I felt put out by that if you have a email I can send the picture of that there was some thing else below that but couldn't see it for the soil so will take my trowel today and try and scrap it away so I can read it Elizabeth cooper married a Roger Albby he was 24 years of age
Died July 25 1759 aged 71 also his 5th wife Elizabeth cooper
Children Ann cooper and Robert cooper our Geary family also came from dadlinton lane near woodland garden Center
Ste
Will have to go and look in the church yard near Darlington lane .

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 27 May 18 00:04 BST (UK) »
Hi I'm Steve
Nope that was Charles cooper my mums great grandfather he lived at Stoke hey so farm ratby lane at the back of the golf course .he married Elizabeth Geary dau of John and Alice Geary her mother was frost by maiden name later they lived at field head farm before the waltons came who I knew as a boy .charles worked for your family I was told about a Richard Murphy and him dong gardening for him .sibby cooper was my grandads cousin who lived at coptoak in the cottages but before that he lived next door to my grandfather who was born on Ashby road Markfield his father was Joseph cooper blacksmith  born 1875 please don't turn me away I'm realy interested in my mums family I'm reading the book the last Tudor and been told there is a connection so I'm hoping you could shed some light on my family .
Thanks
Ste

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 27 May 18 00:36 BST (UK) »
The farm you talk about wouldn't be old house lane would it if so I was told about that as well but didn't know any thing about the cow crushing him I have only been doing family history since mums father died in 1977 we came back here in 78 knocked her fathers bungalow Dow and rebuilt it I still miss my grandfather. He was my mate me and him walked for miles together he whent into mining at ellistown came back with black lung I come and stay with him I found out who he married but she passedaway and mum whent to live with my aunt Amy cooper and her husband Lewis Anderson mum married in 1960 her name is Linda Woolman now ( but cooper maiden name) her mother was Constance lily cooper ( deacon) born checketts road Leicester so it's great finding out more on mums family.
I was born 1964 March 14th I have two brothers and a sister but their not interested like me I always wanted to know where I came from I take after mum for being small my brothers are taller then me they take after dad ,sibby coopers sister would I be right saying she was Emma skechley ( cooper ) I was told she worked in a big house some where I think I Remeber her mother being Mary skechley  sibby came from wood house buddon wood school lane .id love to find out more on sibby cooper I have more of his boxing matches.i have a news paper as well any way if you could help me it would be appreciated very much to fill in some blanks were I don't know. If you know Markfield lane at all you would be made well come I have always wanted to meet people who knew my family my history means a lot to me I used to do metal detecting but had to give it up due to a spine problem I feel awful because of it I'm waiting to go to a clinic in June to see if it can be out right some days I feel ok then others I feel very low and wish I could end things I haven't any feeling in one leg I wish I could have the leg of .
Ste