Author Topic: Moynagh  (Read 2558 times)

Offline kirbman92

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Moynagh
« on: Monday 23 March 15 17:28 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for relatives/family tree connections to a Hugh Moynagh, Born 1834 in Tyrone Northern Ireland. Oldest son (according to what I found) was John Moynagh, and His youngest son (my great great grandfather) was born 1875 by the name of Elmer Peter Moynagh. Also if there is any information on a name change happening I'd be very interested in hearing about that.

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Moynagh
« Reply #1 on: Monday 23 March 15 20:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
    I can find the marriage of a Hugh MOYNA to Elizabeth Weir on 24 Jun 1865 in Dungannon R,C. Church. The only child I can find for this couple is Mary, born 1866 and the birth was registered in Donaghenry, a sub-district of Dungannon.

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim

Offline conahy calling

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 23 March 15 22:19 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat Kirbman92

http://www.irishtimes.com/ancestor/

Enter surname on this link to get variations.

Also check "Mimnagh"

Offline kirbman92

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 23 March 15 22:44 GMT (UK) »
Hugh Moynagh born in 1834 immigrated to Canada and his children were born in the america most of then Wisconsin. High was married to a Campbell. His father's name was also Hugh from what I've found. And his name may have been Moynahan before it changed. If that does any help.

Offline PMG04

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 24 March 15 22:53 GMT (UK) »
There are two baptisms in the register of the Catholic parish of Ballinderry (Counties Tyrone and Derry) as follows:
10 July 1833 - Hugh of John Moynagh and Mary McCulla
13 April 1836 - Mary of John Moynagh and Mary McCulla
Address: townland of Upper Mullan, Ballinderry Bridge, Cookstown, Co Tyrone

There are no other baptisms for this name or variants in this register. In the adjacent parish of Ardboe, Co Tyrone, there is a grave with the following inscriptions:

(Vertical stone) +IHS Here lieth the body of Henry Moinagh who departed this life the 23rd of March 1804 aged 29
(Horizontal stone) +IHS Margaret Moinagh who departed this life February the 3rd 1809 aged 18 years. Also her brother Bernard Moinagh who departed this life November the 1st 1823 aged 35 years   

There are several baptisms in Ardboe parish in the 1850s and 1860s where the name is spelt Moinagh. In the 1880s the same family has become Meenagh.