Author Topic: can anyone help with Emma please  (Read 2388 times)

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
can anyone help with Emma please
« on: Thursday 26 March 15 23:22 GMT (UK) »
I would love to find a birth or death for this young lady.

I have her down as 2 yrs old in the 1871... born in Devon Stonehouse.

her name is Emma Jenkins.

cannot find more... but am still searching :)

xin

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: can anyone help with Emma please
« Reply #1 on: Friday 27 March 15 00:07 GMT (UK) »
Tenuous but - Possible clue within the family she is visiting - John Patrick married Sarah Jenkinson 1864 so could Emma be Jenkinson rather than Jenkins??
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 27 March 15 00:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi their is this baptism which matches the March qtr 1869 birth Emma JENKIN in East Stonehouse?

Emma Jenkins born 4th February 1869 baptism 4th March 1869 Wesleyan Methodist, East Stonehouse, Edgecombe Street/Union Street Father Thomas Mother Mary

Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 27 March 15 07:17 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for replies.

I didnt want to mention Sarah Jenkins/son... she is the reason I am searching out young Emma....
Cannot understand why she is 'a visitor' with the Patricks unless she is related to Sarah... so thought maybe if I can find out who she belongs to and connect her directly with Sarah.. I may...... find some answers as to who Sarah actually was :) :) which would be a miracle... (BUT please please, dont do any searches on Sarah, cos there must be 20 pages of looking amongst the roots chat archives... unless you want to become as crazy as me :) :) :) )  )

As a quick note for you - Sarah married John in Leicester under the name Sarah Jenkinson.....
I havent after near on 10 years found a birth of a Sarah Jenkinson only an illegitimate birth of a Sarah Jenkins - daughter of Elizabeth. 1842 born Leicester. I am sure if you do a search on roots for John raven Patrick and xinia you will find toooooo many pages to view. :) :) :) :) of course if you do find her born as Thomas's sister in Devon then that will be great.. (maybe :) :) :) )  However all census returns show her as born Leicester... so save your brains and dont worry about her..:) :)   

That baptism looks like it could be her :) so she isnt a daughter of Sarah, hopefully a niece... maybe ...

Thanks again

xin