Author Topic: Family  (Read 6707 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Family
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 05 April 15 12:15 BST (UK) »
Thought you'd forgotten Carol when you posted info on this one rather than the other one.  This one would have been best removed really, otherwise a little silly transferring the other one.

Sandra  ;)
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Kempreid

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: REID Family
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 05 April 15 14:00 BST (UK) »
I don't know if the Reid family stayed in Canada,do you recall if your dad said he went to school there?

But in the electoral rolls of 1968 in Burnaby- Richmond British Columbia there is an Alexander G Reid (Salesman) and a Kathleen M Reid together with a David J Reid (car hop) maybe a brother?
The address is 622 Madrona Crescent.

Carol

Hi carol
Thanks for that. I don't know if my dad did go to school in Canada thanks for the address .

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: REID Family
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 05 April 15 14:23 BST (UK) »
I don't know if the Reid family stayed in Canada,do you recall if your dad said he went to school there?

But in the electoral rolls of 1968 in Burnaby- Richmond British Columbia there is an Alexander G Reid (Salesman) and a Kathleen M Reid together with a David J Reid (car hop) maybe a brother?
The address is 622 Madrona Crescent.

Carol

Sorry but I don't think this is the family you are looking for. This gentleman was born 5 th September 1917 - Alexander Gardiner Reid - he was a salesman for Eatons. 622 Madrona Crescent.  Passed Away 27 February 1969. Burial Vancouver Crematorium. Father Hugh Reid and Mother Annie Gardiner. Parents born Scotland.
Married to Kathleen Mary Gillis 

Death cert:- https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-267-12132-37521-54?cc=1538285

Regards
Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 05 April 15 18:35 BST (UK) »
Thanks Sandra,at least that rules that couple out.

We know that Kathleen died back in the UK in Thanet,but the only record of her is going out to Canada in 1956-none of the family coming back at any time.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Kempreid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 05 April 15 20:49 BST (UK) »
Thanks Sandra,at least that rules that couple out.

We know that Kathleen died back in the UK in Thanet,but the only record of her is going out to Canada in 1956-none of the family coming back at any time.

Ok thanks for that some how they all came back to England at some point.

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 05 April 15 22:25 BST (UK) »
I suppose by the late 50's early 60's a lot of people, especially if they had money,would fly across the ocean.There are no records online of those journeys though.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 06 April 15 08:22 BST (UK) »
They still could have returned to Britain by ship- the online incoming U.K. lists only go up to 1960.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Kempreid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 19 May 15 20:19 BST (UK) »
Hi can anyone help I am still trying to find out when my dad came to England from Canada with his mum I know she went out in 1956 if anyone can that be good.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 20 May 15 00:17 BST (UK) »
We've already searched for and posted quite a bit of information, suggestions and speculation on your topics so perhaps if you read through them all again carefully you'll see why it will be extremely difficult to get more information from online resources.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!