Author Topic: 1837online or FamilyRelatives help please  (Read 1918 times)

Offline mmjones

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
1837online or FamilyRelatives help please
« on: Wednesday 06 July 05 20:40 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I am looking for a GRO birth reference number please for William JONES born 1894 June quarter in Swansea. I have looked at freebmd.com and found one that fits but I would like to make sure there isn't a possiblity other entries have been omitted before I order another certificate. His middle name was Ivor and I already made the mistake of ordering that one (Vol 11e page 192?). On freebmd.com there are only 6 entries for William JONES born in june qtr in Swansea but 4 have middle names that don't fit. Hope I have the right one this time! William JONES Vol. 11a pg.1204? Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Lynn

Lancashire: RICKABY,GASKILL Yorkshire:SIMPSON,RICKABY,WOMERSLEY/WALMSLEY
Cambridgeshire, Whittlesea: WINTERTON,UPTON,CLARKE,WESTON,GREEN,SARGEANT/SARGENT
Ireland, Ulster, Antrim, Ballymena & Ballymoney: MCGARRY,ARMSTRONG,TAYLOR,WALLACE
Wales,Carmathenshire:JONES,REES, LEWIS, JOHN, WILLIAM, WILLIAMS, HOWELLS/HOWELL

Offline Emsworthy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Bert & Ernie...we love you!!!
    • View Profile
Re: 1837online or FamilyRelatives help please
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 06 July 05 21:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Lynn

William Ivor Jones b. Swansea QJune 1894 Volume 11a Page 901

Regards, Emma ;)
~Census Transcriptions, Crown Copyright, National Archives~<br /><br />All Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />Warner (Essex) Edgley (Suffolk) Blake & Sparrowhawk (Lambeth) Hall & Gibson (Co. Durham) Brown (Yorkshire)

Offline mmjones

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 06 July 05 21:10 BST (UK) »
Emmma,

That is the one I ordered and it's the wrong one. thanks

Lynn
Cambridgeshire, Whittlesea: WINTERTON,UPTON,CLARKE,WESTON,GREEN,SARGEANT/SARGENT
Ireland, Ulster, Antrim, Ballymena & Ballymoney: MCGARRY,ARMSTRONG,TAYLOR,WALLACE

Offline BlackPearl

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 06 July 05 21:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Lynnwin

I have had alook for you aswell and the only William Jones with middle name Ivor b. Jun quarter 1894 is the one one that Emma gave you.  Are you sure that his middle name was Ivor and that it is defo the Jun quarter we should be looking in?  If you have any more info I could look again for you.

Joanne  :D
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mmjones

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 06 July 05 21:31 BST (UK) »
Joanne,

Could you please look for William JONES only without middle name Ivor. As I said freebmd.com has only one and the rest have other middle names. just want to be sure there aren't anymore that were missed. Thanks alot.

Lynn