Author Topic: john weelands strasenburgh  (Read 1066 times)

Offline RICHIE

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
john weelands strasenburgh
« on: Thursday 02 April 15 19:39 BST (UK) »
hi everyone
can anyone help me with information with regards to a list of soldiers belonging to the northumberland fusiliers in 1903 --1904. john weelands strasenburg was married to sarah askins and they had a daughter called jane born in 1905 , however it turns out that John weelands was not Janes father. My aunt recently told me that her mothers father was a scotsman from paisley whom was also in the army but she did not know his name or regiment.
This is a very very longshot but just maybe john weelands was a friend of the soldier from Paisley and maybe he was also in the Northumberland fusiliers. Bsaically i,m looking for a northumberland fusilier born in or close to Paisley who was in service 1903--1904
If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated
best regards
Richie

Offline km1971

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: john weelands strasenburgh
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 02 April 15 22:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Richie

You can look on Findmypast and enter place of birth and regiment. But FindMyPast's search is not as good as it used to be when using regiment. Regiments had at least two battalions so they would had to have served in the same battalion as well.

If he served after 1st January 1914 he may be in Ancestry's WW1 records. But two-thirds were destroyed in a 1940 fire.

Ken