Author Topic: Adam McClure b. about 1832  (Read 5106 times)

Offline Isobelruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Adam McClure b. about 1832
« Reply #9 on: Friday 24 April 15 19:46 BST (UK) »
Theres loads of stuff on familysearch about the West Virginia Adam above
Russells in Westmorland,Lancashire<br />Rileys Halifax,Rochdale<br />Graingers Hull Yorks<br />Coles Northampton<br />Transcribed the whole of Westmorland 41 census<br />and Rochdale 61 <br /><br />Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 24 April 15 19:49 BST (UK) »
All we can do is make guesses until guitarchica gives us more info on what they know of their Adam's time in USA, that might yield further clues to help with research in Ireland. The first post is a bit vague in this regard.
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline guitarchica

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 16 June 15 11:08 BST (UK) »
I apologize for taking so long to reply.  Yes, Adam died in Leon, Mason County USA in 1900.  Thanks for the referral to the find-a-grave site.  Unfortunately, that grave marker and information was already known to me.  I am not looking for his descendants, I am looking exclusively for his ancestors. 

Adam came to America, as far as I can tell, alone.  He did not marry until he was in the United States.  It is possibly his father's name is William, but that is debatable as different names were listed as his father in various death and marriage certificates.  There is no documentation to verify what area of Ireland he came from, however, I have reason to believe it was actually from County Antrim instead of County Down.  So, I have searched all the information on ancestry.  As far as his ancestors or siblings are concerned there is nothing there.  In fact, people who do list his father often have the wrong information listed.  I am not as familiar with GRONI, I tried to search it and found nothing.  However, this doesn't mean it is not there.

Hopefully, this new information may help.  Adam McClure b. 1832(ish) and arrived for permanent residence in the US in about 1854 (based on his US census data).  He did not marry Molly Tweed as this was a different Adam McClure.  If anyone can help locate his parents or siblings names that would be fantastic.  If you need more information please ask what you might need so I can try to get you the answer.  I appreciate all your help.  Thanks.