Author Topic: Brimingham's Gypsy Surnames (Story) April 2015  (Read 2353 times)

Offline whiteout7

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Brimingham's Gypsy Surnames (Story) April 2015
« on: Tuesday 07 April 15 03:17 BST (UK) »
Some familiar names in this story to this board:
Story mentions
Boswell, Loveridge, Doe, Lee, Cooper, Smith, Young or Hero.
Romany Gypsy Camp at Black Patch Park, Smith, Loveridge, Clayton, Scarret, Owen, Davies.
Esau and Sentinia (Henty) Smith. 19th century to 1909

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/birminghams-gypsy-surnames---yours-8918038

Wemyss/Crombie/Laing/Blyth (West Wemyss)
Givens/Normand (Dysart)
Clark/Lister (Dysart)
Wilkinson/Simson (Kettle or Kettlehill)

Offline Mike DMB

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Brimingham's Gypsy Surnames (Story) April 2015
« Reply #1 on: Friday 15 May 15 19:54 BST (UK) »
My aunt married Jack Smith twin brother of Dolph Smith they were a large family from Bilston i remember my father takeing me to visit My aunt rhoda who looked after her mother who passed away in the 80 s the police had to control the traffic at the funeral due to the amount of travellers attending the funeral of the gipsy queen of Wolverhampton

Offline John clayton

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Brimingham's Gypsy Surnames (Story) April 2015
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 27 April 22 14:59 BST (UK) »
My name is John edward Clayton. My DAD WAS john Clayton. Born 1936 died 2010. My GRANDAD RICHARD CLAYTON BORN 1905 Died 1971. My NANA EDITH CLAYTON WAS DOLAN BORN 1905 Died 1948. MY great grandfather john PENRITH CLAYTON BORN 1869 Died 1935. My great grandmother Isabella Elizabeth Clayton WAS THRELFALL BORN 1872died 1944.my great great grandfather was RICHARD CLAYTON BORN 1852died1909.my great great grandmother was PHOEBE CLAYTON WAS PENRITH born 1849Died 1923.my great great great grandfather was william Clayton BORN 1819 Died unknown.my great great great grandmother ELLEN Clayton WAS NELSON BORN 1819 DIED 1878. THANKS JOHNNY N SAMMY.
Clayton..Dolan..penrith..hampson