Author Topic: Michael Noy HELP- here we go again  (Read 15560 times)

Offline Noy1818

• RootsChat Senior
  • Fairlie- The convict ship Michael Noy travelled on
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Noy HELP- here we go again
« Reply #18 on: Monday 13 April 15 22:21 BST (UK) »
Hi,

The Qld State Library hold the early NSW Church Microfilms and next time I am in there I'll see if I can find the Walter and Michael Noy burial records.

Gerry

Blimey thank you Gerry, I don't live close to any National libraries, and even the book that I am trying to get a hold of is over 7 hours away. If you could have a look that would be awesome, but if not it doesn't matter, don't spend forever looking for me. I am seeing if I can get stuff posted down my way, as most things are in NSW and QLD, as that's where he lived, and even to get to his cemetery is another is over 10 hours. So I am trying to find as much as I can before I head that way sometime. I am going to ring a few libraries today to see what they can do about books etc.

Offline Noy1818

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 16 April 15 00:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Everyone,

After contacting a few people in the Richmond NSW area, I have come to learn that Michael Noy he does not have a surviving headstone nor may never have had one, and they are unsure of which is his final resting place. I am going to the Victoria state library next week sometime to see if I can find out which is his plot. See if I can find any trace of him there.

In the book St Peters Richmond the early people and burials 1791-1855, by Yvonne Browning, there is no mention of Michael but there is a listing for Elizabeth, his wife. But she is buried with her 2nd husband Hugh Lord McKay.

I would like to thank you all very much for all your help.

Offline Noy1818

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Noy HELP- here we go again (Update)
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 22 April 15 23:13 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone,

Went to the Victorian State library the other day, and found no trace of the Noys.  :( To order Michael's and Walter's death certificates and burial records is going to cost over $100!!! Does anyone have any websites you can buy Australian records off that might be a little cheaper then $31 each? Or any other suggestions of what might have happened to them? I did go through the old newspapers of the time and didn't fine much, apart from 2 days before they died, there was a Aboriginal attack near where they were living. 2 people died (reported).

Thanks again

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Noy HELP- here we go again (Update)
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 23 April 15 00:07 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone,

Went to the Victorian State library the other day, and found no trace of the Noys.  :( To order Michael's and Walter's death certificates and burial records is going to cost over $100!!! Does anyone have any websites you can buy Australian records off that might be a little cheaper then $31 each? Or any other suggestions of what might have happened to them? I did go through the old newspapers of the time and didn't fine much, apart from 2 days before they died, there was a Aboriginal attack near where they were living. 2 people died (reported).

Thanks again

YES  there's cheaper options for NSW BDM certs.   NSW BDM website lists those options.   Scroll down through the following link and look for Official Transcription Agents.  (NSW Resources at Rootschat also has this info http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=369703.0 )

http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/Pages/family-history/family-history.aspx

Also try : http://ausbdm.ucoz.org/   and  http://home.vicnet.net.au/~mgfhs/dawnsbmd/h2.htm

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 23 April 15 00:40 BST (UK) »
Hi there,  can you please pop the live link for the attack near where they were,  two days before they died.   (Or the name of the newspaper as I cannot find mention of the incident at Trove).

Add, at Trove I used the keywords : "Hawkesbury", "attack" and searched September and October 1847, restricting my search to NSW newspapers. 

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 23 April 15 00:52 BST (UK) »
This is from one of your other threads, perhaps you missed it.

Pre 1856 in NSW is just an entry from a burial register, not a death cert.  Sometimes cause of death is given in the burial register, sometimes it isn't.  Someone with a family tree on Ancestry has already obtained a transcription and it doesn't give cause of death.

http://postimg.org/image/5a9l4vkgp/

Debra  :)

Offline Aussie1947

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 23 April 15 03:07 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I still haven't got to the Qld State Library to try and find the burial record for Micheal Noy pre 1856 but I will hopefully next week.

Gerry

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 23 April 15 03:10 BST (UK) »
Hi,

The Qld State Library hold the early NSW Church Microfilms and next time I am in there I'll see if I can find the Walter and Michael Noy burial records.

Gerry

This is a fantastic offer from Gerry.    IF Qld State Library has those records, then that is the exact same record as the NSW BDM Early Church Record.   So, if Gerry gets that for you, then you do not need to seek out the NSW BDM documents for either of those two Sept 1847 NOY burials.    There is likely to be scant info, BUT the film is the same film that NSW BDM has, and the same film that NSW State Library has, and the same film that NSW State Records have too. 

The civil registration process (ie the commencement of NSW death certificates) starts in New South Wales in 1856.   

NB, the delay at NSW BDM for family history documents is around nine weeks, so not just expensive, but lengthy wait times too.  :) 

Cheers,  JM

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 23 April 15 03:46 BST (UK) »
 8) 8) ??? ??? 8) 8)