Author Topic: William John Jones, Cefn Coed Farm, Llanddeiniolen  (Read 7290 times)

Offline Gwil

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: William John Jones, Cefn Coed Farm, Llanddeiniolen
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 02 May 15 22:16 BST (UK) »
It's not entirely clear to me what you are after. Info specifically about your grandfather or info to help trace family backwards.

William Jones, your great grandfather, was aged 39 and living at Penchwarel, Nebo when he enlisted in 17th RWF as Pte 25053 on 13the Feb 1915. He married Elizabeth Edwards at Criccieth Parish Church on 7 10 1899

There are two files for him in 'Service Records'

(get them by searching William Jones and 25053 in Regimental number)

One image contains the marriage details plus all the childern you have named with their d o b's (extra one Thomas Griffith Jones in 1911)  (image 61714)

Offline Gwil

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 02 May 15 22:51 BST (UK) »
Given the ages etc from the military document it looks to me that the family in dispute upthread in 1911 census at Tirion Pelyn, Llanllyfni is the right family. 'Aaron' is ancstryspeak for Arvon, the anglicised version of Arfon. He was born 8 4 1910. In that census return he is 11 months old.

The father William is not on tha return. Neither is Owen. Owen though is no doubt the Owen Jones at Penpelyn with his grandparents Margaret and John Jones.

Offline Gwil

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 04 May 15 00:20 BST (UK) »
I had provided links to the Service Docs and the relevant census but they are as disappeared as a South American dissident.

Gwil

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 04 May 15 00:46 BST (UK) »
1911 census details are not allowed due to copyright issues.  You are only allowed to post info that can be obtained from the free 1911 index.

Information that can only be obtained via subscription is not allowed (eg) address, years married, number of children born or died etc

If that is the type of info you posted then it will have been removed by the moderator
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Gwil

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 04 May 15 08:47 BST (UK) »
OK, thanks Carol. Strange ruling by the siteowners, not allowing links to pages in paysites. Would have though that getting clicks (or whatever the terminolgy is) would have been to their advantage. Makes life harder in helping people out, especially when you know from their posts that they are on particular paysites. If that's how it is then that's how it is and I'll go along with it.

I have reviewed my posts and think/hope they still make sense for Dewi without the links.

Gwil

Offline ejones4765

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 04 May 15 10:46 BST (UK) »
Hello Gwil, thank you for the info. Would Margaret and John Jones be the parents of either William Jones or Elizabeth Orritt please?

William Jones or Elizabeth Orritt moved to Tan Llan Farm in Pontrug LL55 2SR. My Dad was born in 1931 and remembers them there.

Offline Gwil

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 04 May 15 12:00 BST (UK) »
Dewi

I'd say Margaret and John are William Jones' parents. In post #3 Carol provides info from 1901 Cenus for William/Elizabeth etc. Look at that page*** and Margaret and John are a couple of houses up with a son Richard. Searching backwards through the census not only put a William of the right age with John/Margaret and Richard but also the Mary who is a visitor in that post #3 data (i.e sister to William)
Elizabeth is shown born Llanrug, which you probably know, covers Cwmyglo.

Gwil
*** Can you confirm you have access to these census returns please?

Offline ejones4765

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 04 May 15 13:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Gwil & Carol

Yes I have access to the census as I am a member of Ancestry.co.uk

Dewi