Author Topic: Richard Crawforth b 1791-1875  (Read 3498 times)

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Crawforth b 1791-1875
« Reply #9 on: Friday 15 May 15 12:23 BST (UK) »
You are doubting whether you have the right Sarah living as Sarah Crawshaw but in 1851 she has Eliza Hesk with her.  You have said that Sarahs daughter Harriet married John Hesk. I presume this is Eliza's baptism

Eliza Hesk
Baptised   29 January 1843
Place   Humbleton, Yorkshire
Father   John Hesk
Mother   Harriet
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 15 May 15 12:41 BST (UK) »
Mary Fish who was living with the Crawforths in 1841.

POSSIBLE Death June qtr 1844   
Mary Fish
Sculcoates   reg district
22 / 325

I dont suppose you have found the marriage for Sarah and Richard Crawforth,

Im still assured by a relative that Sarah Fish/Parker did marry Richard Crawforth,and from all the census information that is looking correct,but without the actual marriage.

No I have not found it, does the relative have the date & place of the wedding.     
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline debs14

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 15 May 15 20:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Rosie 99,
Thank you for the new information,i hadent realised that the death i had was for an infant, the age isent on the record an ancestry and bmd,so i will use the Crawforth death as the correct one,many thanks .
My relative lives in Australia who has given me the Richard Crawforth connection i will email her and ask her again about Richard and Sarah's wedding, i know that she told me that Richard was a witness at Sarah's  daughter Harriet's wedding, thats how my quest for this 2nd marriage came about,  as you can imagine with the time difference its difficult communicating with each other.

As for Mary Fish i will check the new death you have given me also.

ive come to the conclusion theres to many records for the 2 actual people in them not to be my 2 people.i dont suppose that you could think of any other way we might find a marriage for sarah and richard.

I may have also found a Benjamin Driffill b 1823 Preston,he was in 1851 census but he was down as Son in law, i think he may actually be Sarah's son by her 1st marriage,but im still looking into this i have him in census' for 1851 as above where he first appeared,then ive found him in 1861 census in Hornsea as a lodger,Agricultural laborer.
but still looking for birth and any other info.
So many thanks for all your help its greatlfully received
Debbie xxx
Barnes,Driffill,Altoft,Thompson,Metcalfe,Owbridge,
Houlton,Parker,Barrett,Dowse Wild,Kennan all in and around scunthorpe,winterton,winteringham,burton stather,Paull nr hull, Preston nr hull,caistor,market rasen,middle rasen, Storrs -Scunthorpe,Parrett-Hull,Clark -Tealby, Booth,Calhoun- Driffill-Bradford,Londonderry,Ellerbeck- Kirby Yorks,Stephenson- Yorks,Jowett -Thorne yorks,James.

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 15 May 15 21:46 BST (UK) »
< he was down as Son in law, i think he may actually be Sarah's son by her 1st marriage >

Son in law was often used then for a stepson