Author Topic: Norman NORGREN alias Henry WILSON (ancestry.com.au)  (Read 6506 times)

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
Re: Norman NORGREN alias Henry WILSON (ancestry.com.au)
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 19 May 15 04:10 BST (UK) »
A tree owner has a person in their tree named "Norman Norgren alias Henry Wilson".   These photos are attached to that person.

I will send them a message and invite them to join in this thread  :)

Often the probate packets contain death certs ... fingers crossed  :)

cheers,
   Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 19 May 15 05:25 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

I wonder about that 1930 marriage.   The NSW BDM online index has it listed just the once.  To me, that is indicating that there’s just the one set of names for the Bride and for the Groom.   If either had included additional given/family names, then the one document should be indexed under each of those names.

So I can see that reference no. 16660 in the year 1930 is for a Henry WILSON (NO initial for any other given name,) and a Mary J CARR.  The marriage was registered in the Orange district.     I used the following key words
Bride’s family name   CARR
Date of event 01/01/1930 to 31/12/1930

I then double checked, by using the other option, that of “search by number only”  YES and the registration no. 16660 and 1930.    Only ONE result, so likely only the given name of Henry and the surname of Wilson.

http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/Pages/family-history/family-history.aspx

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 19 May 15 05:32 BST (UK) »
Do individual users put these on ancestry too?

Yes, individual members of ancestry can submit and upload items.   It can at times become confusing, but the commercial websites include
  :) independently obtained records,
  :) independently obtained indexes
  :)  independently obtained transcriptions
  :) submitted tree charts
  :) submitted photos
  :) submitted documents
and many other items that need to be validated, checked, re-checked, and tested before considering if they are part of your own family history, 

My fingers crossed that Norman and Henry are soon sorted for you.

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 19 May 15 05:43 BST (UK) »
Norman NORGREN born 22 April 1904 at Hamley Bridge, Glibert, Sth Australia.  Father was John Edward NORGREN, and mother was Elizabeth HAMMOND.   #729/161 ref number.

Norman had a number of brothers and sisters, born from 1892 including twin brothers born 1908.

https://www.genealogysa.org.au/resources/online-databases.html

Cheers,  JM

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 19 May 15 05:48 BST (UK) »
NSW BDM online index has the January 1955 death as Henry WILSON with parents recorded as Edward and Rose.   The ref no. is 4727.   Ros has kindly offered to photograph the file for you.

Cheers,  JM.

Offline Voltaire1694

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 21 May 15 03:47 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much for help in understanding the Ancestry process.
Heyer, Wray, Fullgrabe, Kayser, Beecken (all Upper Sturt or country South Australia)

Offline Voltaire1694

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 08 June 15 12:38 BST (UK) »
Just thought I'd update this in case someone picks it up later.  Many thanks to Ros for a copy of Henry's probate package.  According to his marriage registration, Henry WILSON was born in or around 1904 in Stockyard Creek SA, his parents are recorded as Edward WILSON and Rose HAMILTON.  They did not witness the marriage.  Norman NORGREN was born 22 April 1904 in Hamley Bridge SA (right next to Stockyard Creek).  His father was Johan, but commonly referred to as Edward, NORGREN.  There are no Henry WILSON's which match the description in the SA Genealogy index.  I have found no evidence which refutes a link between Norman and Henry.  All the best.
Heyer, Wray, Fullgrabe, Kayser, Beecken (all Upper Sturt or country South Australia)

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 08 June 15 16:22 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

The link does appear plausible, at least.

From his NAA records, "Celestine Houlgrave", state children's department, Adelaide, was Norman's NOK on enlistment - unclear why, as both his parents appear to be still living in 1920.  He also had scarring "left face and right leg through burns".

These bits of information would be useful:
1. birthdate for Henry Wilson (even with wrong year, right day/month would be a very strong bit of evidence).
2. any physical description/picture for Henry indicating whether or not he had the same identifying features as Norman.

There seems to have been something interesting going on with this family at any rate:
son "John Edward Norgren" died in WWI - his next of kin was mother of Broken Hill, via a married sister.
1921 - marriage of a daughter of "Mr and Mrs Edward Norgren"
http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/35252743?searchTerm=%22Mrs%20Norgren%22%20%22broken%20hill%22&searchLimits=
1925 - engagement notice of Tracey Norgren, second son of "Mrs W Neale":
http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/87510489?searchTerm=%22Norgren%22%20%22broken%20hill%22&searchLimits=l-decade=192

So there were definitely Norgren relatives in NSW - and despite the fact that "Johan Norgren" doesn't appear to have died until 1937 in SA, Elizabeth Hammond may have been going by another name over in NSW (cannot find a marriage to a Mr Neale, either).

I would suggest you look to see if you can find what happened to Elizabeth, and also any witnesses at the marriage of Henry Wilson who might be connected to the Norgren family in NSW.  He might have kept in touch or got back in touch later with some of the family, even if he was trying to keep off the radar re: his short-lived Navy service.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Essie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 09 June 15 01:53 BST (UK) »
Elizabeth nee HAMMOND's second marriage was recorded with the surname MORGAN.

Walter John NEALE, single aged 44, and Elizabeth MORGAN widow aged 48, daughter of Joseph HAMMOND. In Registry Office Adelaide on 23 Dec 1919. Reg 281/1051

From memory, I recall Johann Edward NORGREN was a labourer in the Murray Mallee in the 1930s.
TROVE has a few mentions of this man.

Essie