Author Topic: Where Am I? No. 25 - Another obscure church  (Read 3102 times)

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Where Am I? No. 25 - Another obscure church
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 20 May 15 06:25 BST (UK) »

By the way, the horse was called Ned, he was a lovely old fella  ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Wilkinson - Shropshire;  Jones - Hereford; Mitchell - Brighton; Emery - Brighton; Hall - Brighton Christopher - Dorset; Bussell - Dorset; <br /><br /><br />This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><]

Offline oldtimer

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 20 May 15 09:21 BST (UK) »
And does that road have railings? Might it be a bridge over a ravine or a railway line?

Take a look at this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minster_Pool#/media/File:Minster_Pool_1890.png

oh yes, a gigantic pond!  ;D

Well found Malky!

These are obviously not challenging enough Caz.  ;) ;D

Actually it was me who found that picture of the Minster Pool ;D  ;D

So it was Jen - apologies for that.  :-[
I was congratulating Malky for suggesting Lichfield Cathedral, but I see you were both thinking along the same lines.  ;D
Oh bother!!! This is the first one I have known and I am too late!!  >:( :( ;D ;D

Aw, never mind Judy.  On the bright side, I've got another 25 churches you can try your hand at, you never know one of them might just be in your back yard!!  ;) ;D

Caz

It almost is Caz - only about 15 minutes away from where I live. The three spires are known as The Ladies of the Vale and can be seen for quite a distance.

Maybe you will have another Staffordshire one in your collection that I will recognise!!  :D

Best wishes, Judy :-))

"All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 20 May 15 09:30 BST (UK) »
Well there you go!  Thanks for that additional bit of information.  I shall write that on the back of the postcard (in pencil of course  ;D ).

Caz
Wilkinson - Shropshire;  Jones - Hereford; Mitchell - Brighton; Emery - Brighton; Hall - Brighton Christopher - Dorset; Bussell - Dorset; <br /><br /><br />This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><]